ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rockingham Trackday - 14th June 2010

Quite an eventful day with plenty of CS'ers there. A very damp start with rain until about 10am - then the sun came out and the track was fully dry by lunch which was great.

The track was slippery as f*ck early on, especially with R888s - but once dry it was a lot more fun than I expected it to be, especially with the fast chicane on the first turn.

A few damp pics from early on, various people took them throughout the day on the same camera...

IMG_5181.jpg

IMG_5233.jpg

IMG_5216.jpg

IMG_5219.jpg

Until I went out again as the track was drying out and I had a massive bang/clunk while braking going into the Tarzan hairpin. I thought the driveshaft had snapped initially, managed to get it onto the grass - but when I got out the wheel had come clean off and was up in the arch with the brake disc resting on the bottom of it!

IMG_0786.jpg

The odd thing is, I torqued them all up before going out, and all the other wheels were still tight. We couldnt get the wheel to stay on as all the threads in the hub were f*cked - the four wheel bolts were found on the hairpin too!

In the meantime, Andyrg had been out on track and had major issues with his 225 engined Mk1. It was the end of the day for him as he later found out cylinder four had a hole blown in it. Luckily he runs the same widetrack setup as me, and his car had been brought down on a trailer so he kindly lent me his hub to do the rest of the day!

IMG_5251.jpg

After swapping it over lunch I was back out on track, although I used the Williams wheels on the front for the rest of the day...

IMG_5421.jpg

IMG_5442.jpg

IMG_5415.jpg

IMG_5452.jpg

IMG_5329.jpg

IMG_5455.jpg

IMG_5538.jpg

We then had word of Whiteley being on the back of a recovery truck - turns out his gearbox sump plug had managed to come out and loose the oil :dapprove:

IMG_5263.jpg

Although, he managed to nip out and find a new sump plug with some more gearbox oil - once fitted he was back out on track also! In the meantime, Andy had stripped the engine down in his car and found the damage to cylinder four...

IMG_5276.jpg

A bit more track action...

IMG_5464.jpg

IMG_5122.jpg

IMG_5303.jpg

IMG_5510.jpg

IMG_5232.jpg

IMG_5181.jpg

IMG_5508.jpg

Now to take it all apart again and replace the hub so Andy can have his back :boring:

DB.

BMW 440i
Nice pics!

This is what i wondered at FCS though, whats with all the holes in the bumpers? lol! More air?

Not really, lol. Just removed all the plastic backing in the bumpers and drilled the front to make it look different than every other Mk1 with the single hole :)

Sunflower Ph1 172
Stil can't believe your wheel fell off... surprised you didn't roll it. bad times for whitley, fingers crossed that gearbox is going to be alright.

That first chicane looks like it would be amazing to drive.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Sounds eventful thats for sure. At least you managed to get a full day out of it in the end Jord.

Was nice to meet you at FCS mate, keep up the good work. :)

It might just be the photo , but the looking at the back of ur wheel
the bolt holes look worn and the spigot ?

Its got chunks missing out of the center bore where its hit I think - bolt holes look f*cked too, guess they would have been though if they have come loose and been spinning. I think I better keep an eye out for another single wheel!

Trophy Turbo :)
No photos of mine, again, wa sout a fair bit in the am session :(

Evem the pro photogropher delted them all too. BOOOO

The reason for the engine going pop was to do with fuel pressure cant go into it too much atm but i am investagating how this has happened, just had it afr and det checked the day before and all was perfect

Mk1 F4R
Didnt know i could take that many good pics lol took about 400 over the day so whiteley there should be more of your car mate, got jord to post them up as my pc is broke on my crappy laptop

Evo 8 MR
Nothing sounded particularly unusual in that vid?

Did the passenger say some thing like "it's not taking the fuel"?

The track layout was different to what it was at FCS!

At the very end it sounds like is bogging/missfiring to f*ck then Andy says turn it off I think! Was certainly a mess when he took the head off :(

Trophy Turbo :)
Nothing sounded particularly unusual in that vid?

QUOTE]

you joking??? i assume your not too tuned up to what det sounds like, you can clearly hear the debt in the cockpit on full throttle , more towards the end listen too the russtle noise, best way i can describe it is a crisp packet being russtled, we thought the noise with out helmets on was the diff on the box, as he missed 3rd gear on the corner and it started to grind in 3rd LOL

pistons.gif

headgasket.gif

block.gif

empty.gif

home.gif

TrackCar & F30 330d
Thats such a shame about Andyrg's car :(

Also why is Whiteley's car such a shed, I must have miss somthing as he's only just painted the shell? (I love it really)

WILLIAMS CLIO
Nice pics :approve:

Cheers, a lot of them do need tweeking a bit tho:dapprove::dapprove:

Originally Posted by chrispy.clio
Thats such a shame about Andyrg's car
Also why is Whiteley's car such a shed, I must have miss somthing as he's only just painted the shell? (I love it really)

Didnt you know its a work in progress
(thats wot the orange bits on the car say)
:approve: It goes..... and well.....thats all that matters;)