ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rob's 172 Ahem.... (With pink wheels)

Clio Sport 182
I like it, imo the wheels shouldn't look good but do :)

I stickerbombed the sheet out of my civic, all over the dash, underside of the bonnet, sun visors etc. Not sure if I'm fussed on it on the strips in the clio tho, but its your car so go mental ;)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
It's certainly different. Will keep an eye out for you mate, I work just down the road in Fleet.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for all the comments guys! Good, and bad! :) I work in a bodyshop so you can imagine the stick I got about the wheels but to be fair most people love them! They look alot better in person! I just want to get the stance sorted might have a play with the c spanner this wknd! I will do the same Luke I wont be hard to miss! ;) I really want to organise a mini local meet for a few pics and maybe a pint!?

Rob.

Trophy #490
"Built not Brought"...................this is why the standard of grammar and punctuation is on it's arse these days.

There were two points at which that error could have been spotted; when which ever r****d made the sticker, and then when you bought it. The fact it wasn't picked up at either stage is frankly worrying!

Indeed. It's quite funny reading these kind of posts when someone gets all high and mighty about grammar and punctuation, only then to make a mistake in their response. You do realise that an apostrophe's not required there, right? Practice what you preach! :p

Anyway, the car... It looked better when it was standard.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Do you work near Hook Tyres?

I won't be able to miss spotting you now but it looked much better before IMO

I live near hook tyres mate, further up newnam road, and on carleton close! I look forward to your looks of distaste on the A30 as i drive past buddy! ;)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I liked the wheels when they had the black centers but the pink and the blue do go together quite nicely I think. :)

Bargain car for the price you paid too! Of course each to there own and I'm not sure I would have the courage to spray my wheels pink but I do like the look of yours.

Different but good different IMO :)

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
I liked the wheels when they had the black centers but the pink and the blue do go together quite nicely I think. :)

Bargain car for the price you paid too! Of course each to there own and I'm not sure I would have the courage to spray my wheels pink but I do like the look of yours.

Different but good different IMO :)

Cheers buddy that means alot, as i love your car! Its quite funny though our two cars couldnt be anymore different haha! Yours being classy and carbon, mine being garish and pink!

Rob.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers buddy that means alot, as i love your car! Its quite funny though our two cars couldnt be anymore different haha! Yours being classy and carbon, mine being garish and pink!

Rob.

Cheers rob, although I wouldn't say mines classy lol! Although I wouldn't say yours is girly either as the pink you have is wild/flouro pink and not baby pink!!

A tad lower I think ;)

What mods you planning next?

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers rob, although I wouldn't say mines classy lol! Although I wouldn't say yours is girly either as the pink you have is wild/flouro pink and not baby pink!!

A tad lower I think ;)

What mods you planning next?

Mark compared to my car yours is an English gent! The blacIk and carbon look does look classy. What i mean by that is it just looks bloody smart, and not tatty like mine lol! Yeah the pink is more of a raver pink than a girly one. I dont think my wheels in a nice shade of pastel pink would loook as good!

Yeah i agree it does need to come down. I'm ordering next week higher degree camber shims for the rear, and some spacers for the front. Once ive got the stance right then i can lower the car more and have it sitting exactly how i want it. Want to get a cheeky bit of strech on the tyres too but i want to get winter out the way and the tyres that are on there are mint so no reason to change yet! I need a new exhaust so looking at a full ss system but im not going crazy on the engine power IMO theres no need and i'd rather save for a faster car! But i need to paint the front bumper asap get the fogs back in too. but the headlight washer holes are going to be filled and smoothed. I also need a new windscreen, a bloody meteor hit me on the m3 the other week! Not even Gavin from auto glass and his special resin could help me! I just want to tidy the car up personalise it in a few ways maybe upgrade the audio subtlely and thats it! got a couple of other ideas though i want to fit a set of rear headrests to my front seats to make them look like old skool buckets (euro look) and your carbon speedo surrounds gave me another idea, maybe i could stickerbomb mine!? ;)

Rob.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Me personally I'm not a lover of stickers but it would tie in nicely with your dash strips. Would defo be interested to see that done and the headrests too!

I did lol at the English gent and Gaving from autoglass comments!

Forgive me as I'm not very clued up on this stuff but have you got xenons? If so will blanking your headlamp washers be an mot failure?

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Me personally I'm not a lover of stickers but it would tie in nicely with your dash strips. Would defo be interested to see that done and the headrests too!

I did lol at the English gent and Gaving from autoglass comments!

Forgive me as I'm not very clued up on this stuff but have you got xenons? If so will blanking your headlamp washers be an mot failure?

You are right there buddy from next year it wouldnt pass the new mot's but i have various friends who are all mot tester's so i have never worried about a mot in my life, lol! (im lucky)

Built not brought is superb.

I never understand praising people for being different. There's a woman near work who stands in the middle of the road in a dress and flashes her hairy badger if you try and drive past. Should she get praise for being different?

But I do like the wheels. It just needs to be about 4 yards lower.

Clio 172 Cup
I liked the look of the car on the wheels ;) the colour change and stickers not to my taste, but it's not my motor.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I never understand praising people for being different. There's a woman near work who stands in the middle of the road in a dress and flashes her hairy badger if you try and drive past. Should she get praise for being different?

You're right..

Where is this?

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Built not brought is superb.

But I do like the wheels. It just needs to be about 4 yards lower.

Thats fair enough, your not suggesting though that people should get praise for all being the same!? ;) i agree though mate the car does need to sit alot lower, just need to get my shims and my spacer's! Oh and that woman isnt different she sounds mentally retarded mate!

1.2 16v
Love the pink wheels, really brave but fair play mate LOVE IT

Stickers who cares? if your cars plastered in stickers or your car is clean and sticker free, its YOUR car at the end of the day. BTW im a big sticker fan so im loving that aswell

Grande 1.2
Love the pink wheels, really brave but fair play mate LOVE IT

Stickers who cares? if your cars plastered in stickers or your car is clean and sticker free, its YOUR car at the end of the day. BTW im a big sticker fan so im loving that aswell

+1
I really wish more people on here had this attitude :cool: