ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Road Trip..... Isle of wight!

Si

RS Clio 172
lol, I have a bundle here! I'll write my name in orange on them! ;)

Someone knew where she works..

Stalking FTW!

IIRC the RB182 is normally around Brading/Binstead ... always get confused which 1 is which but the 1 where the Volvo garage used to be. I've seen it about 6 times down 1 of the streets around there and a couple of times she has been driving down there.... makes me sound like a right stalker :evil:

hmmmm i drive through binstead every day. never seen it?? although i do sleep at the wheel.... a trick i learnt from Dan.

Si

RS Clio 172
we cant invite Ross though. he might try and crash into a saxo.... again. plus she might be scared off by another RB

wouldn't want to go to a meet organised by you anyway si, would probably be a fast-food car park knowing you.

are you implying i'm fat??

burger king ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! meet movey to pompey. lol

350Z GT
IIRC the RB182 is normally around Brading/Binstead ... always get confused which 1 is which but the 1 where the Volvo garage used to be. I've seen it about 6 times down 1 of the streets around there and a couple of times she has been driving down there.... makes me sound like a right stalker :evil:

hmmmm i drive through binstead every day. never seen it?? although i do sleep at the wheel.... a trick i learnt from Dan.

I might be wrong then... was the side road next to the post office where i see it sometimes. Have never seen any Cliosport members around i dont think :( and im a pretty aware driver!

350Z GT
I live in Wootton near the Woodman Arms :) Got a Silver coupe - V reg. Planning on getting the knocks + dents (by the previous owners) sorted at Harwoods sometime soon as well as buying some alloys for it as i believe the current 1's are the worlds worst design for wheels. Also plan on fitting a Scorpion Exhaust which should fit in the recess quite nicely, was lowered 30mm by the previous owner. Will look out for you.

350Z GT
Also keep spotting a Phase 1 172 around, has a For Sale sticker in the back has the plate "C11DJA" or something like that....is another sport which should be flyered.

03 RS clio 172 flameR
hey i was born in th island and kno it well, plus ma bros still live down ther and own the roads, plus his m8 has th fastest car on th island, if thers goin be a meet ther let us kno and il make sure we see ALL the best roads!

350Z GT
hey i was born in th island and kno it well, plus ma bros still live down ther and own the roads, plus his m8 has th fastest car on th island, if thers goin be a meet ther let us kno and il make sure we see ALL the best roads!

Sounds like a good plan. What kind of car does your brothers mate have which is the fastest on the Island?... I know of a couple of 450-500bhp Evo's going around 'bout it when it comes to high powered cars that I know of.

Si

RS Clio 172

fastest car on the island??

there are a few caterhams knocking about. that's best i've seen. there's an f430 down here now, that crazy loud gallardo in cowes and a vanquish i see occasionally.

Last edited:

Si

RS Clio 172
supprised i haven't seen you Josh, drive through wootton most days. will keep an eye out.

saw matt-16v the other day in wootton.

also.... harwoods have like a 20 or 30% offer on at the mo. get down there! lol

Mk4 .:R32
The girl with the non-pikey racing blue 182 works in Mountjoy in carisbrooke Lol :eek: . An Island meet sounds a great idea.

Si, I think i have seen you about before? I have a black/gold 182 now though so my 1.2 is no more :dapprove:.

Theres also a silver 172 about with a modified front bumper and ( i think ) a blonde girl drives it.

And a Flame 172 in ryde by westridge garage which is for sale lol. :)

My new camera arrives today so I need something to take pictures of! lol..

Someone organise a meet! and we need a good "industrial" type location..

My new camera arrives today so I need something to take pictures of! lol..

Someone organise a meet! and we need a good "industrial" type location..

Sounds good. Anywhere in the Industrial Estate in Newport with a big open space?

Ive been trying to find somewhere for aaaaaaaaaaages :(

I had a scout around there and didnt find anywhere good.

Si is about as helpful as a chocolate firegaurd.

Lol.

Around Island Tyres and ATS opposite Morrisons in Lake? theres some good areas around there..although the security lights keep coming on which is a pain in the arse.

Tried there once, theres a wall of tyres just round from Safe and Sound..

Si said theres a place in east cowes he wanted to try but he wants to wait until he has his new wheels/coilovers!

East Cowes...as soon as he puts his new wheels on they will be robbed Lol. 4 different locking wheel nuts FTW.

Ok mate, Pm me when his wheels an coilies are fitted and we could orgainise a meet if ya want?

RB 182 Cup
that'll be near christmas though going off what I've heard from Si. Mines going into a bodyshop to be tidied up a bit tomorrow, so if we can leave it a bit that would be good?

What about the industrial estate at the back of Vesta's (accessible from the road by ITS tools). Theres a garage round there where all the police cars get serviced and MOT'd.

350Z GT
Getting my car lowered on some Ace 216's this weekend/next week hopefully so it will look good and a Scorpion Exhaust System fitted about a week later :)

Theres not many places around Spithead business park to take photo's unless the coaches are out from around the back. Theres the Inland Revenue offices near B&Q which are quite modern looking for photos. Always think it'd be good to get some in front of the huge Union Jack in east cowes. Also I drive to Newport most mornings at around 8:15 from Wootton driving a silver V reg Megane Coupe with a nice dent on the rear quarter!
Edit: Just seen a RB182 drive past my house... is nice..stripes too!

Last edited:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
nice car this one, i know it well. i wish someone from cs would buy my old 182 and post some pictures of it :(

Si

RS Clio 172
Si said theres a place in east cowes he wanted to try but he wants to wait until he has his new wheels/coilovers!

this is true. dont wanna be photographed ridin' tractor stylee. but then again some of us have yellow bumpers to worry about.

that'll be near christmas though going off what I've heard from Si. Mines going into a bodyshop to be tidied up a bit tomorrow, so if we can leave it a bit that would be good?

unfortunately this is also true. plus mine's in the body shop soon as well so at least wanna wait til after then?

What about the industrial estate at the back of Vesta's (accessible from the road by ITS tools). Theres a garage round there where all the police cars get serviced and MOT'd.

this is a rubbish location you blue burk. although it's nice and spacy. i think my e.cowes one could be a good shout.

i'm happy to organise something given my experience as a forum regional leader :p lol.

350Z GT
Bought some new stuff for my camera the other day as well so should have a try at taking some photos @ a meet. Is there not any good places along the Mili road for photos? means we can have a nice drive at the same time! (only go on that road about once a year!!)

Si

RS Clio 172
there's that car park at the ventnor end...

this one...

27022008340.jpg

dirty 106s go there. lol

350Z GT
Some view ^^.
Sort of angle i should use on the Megane, the Left side of it has stupid amounts of dents but the right side looks pretty good :) Seem to be putting more money into modifying my car with Alloys, Lowering and an Exhaust system rather than removing the dents (all put on there by the previous owner) ;)

RB 182 Cup
hmmm im not fussed where we go, as long as simon dosn't try to bum me like he keeps threatening.

A mate of mine told me theres another RB182 with stripes on't island, one has stripes continuing over the bumper, the other dosn't.

350Z GT
Think I saw Revels earlier as I was driving past Tesco/Mcdonalds... was pulling onto the roundabout, I was round the other side so couldnt really see if it was you or not, was a Blue 106 Rallye with white wheels like in the pic ^^.

5mins later saw an Evo 8 crash into a lamppost and looked pretty nasty :(