ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rise of the tombraider...

Suzuki Jimny
The last one was free through the xbox marketplace recently, thought i'd give it a try and had no idea what it was like.
Turns out it was properly good. Think i'll get this one for over christmas.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I tend to trust Polygon with most reviews, and they gave it 8.5/10 so looking good!

In many ways, Rise of the Tomb Raider could be viewed as a fairly modest sequel. It successfully builds off Crystal Dynamics' excellent reboot, but it doesn't introduce any massive changes; the scope is greater but still in spitting distance of the previous game. But successfully regaining the feeling created in an extremely good game is no small feat. This is the inauguration of Tomb Raider as a formula once more, but for now, it's a formula I'm happy revisiting.

As a PS4 owner I'll have to wait. Oh well, I'm sure I'll make do with Uncharted :tongueout:

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
If this is anything like the last one, it'll be great!

The last one was free through the xbox marketplace recently, thought i'd give it a try and had no idea what it was like.
Turns out it was properly good. Think i'll get this one for over christmas.
I did the exact same thing. It's bloody brilliant. Really enjoying playing it at the moment.

Yaris Hybrid
I think it is amazing. The character model and the facial animations are incredible. Overall some of the best graphics I've seen on the current generation.

I love the way they have made hunting animals more than just a trivial XP exercise but have made it more akin to Far Cry's system.

I loved the last one and this new one is just better in every way.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome game! Completed it last night, and I'm already looking forward to the next game! I'm going to have a go at some of those "expedition levels" later tonight.

I agree on the graphics. Has to be one of the best looking games currently available on the Xbox One!

Just started to download this on XboxOne. Don't have the time to play it, but have always enjoyed the others.
I can just about remember the original PC version, where I'd spend hours doing handstands and diving into water.

Suzuki Jimny
Awesome game! Completed it last night, and I'm already looking forward to the next game! I'm going to have a go at some of those "expedition levels" later tonight.

I agree on the graphics. Has to be one of the best looking games currently available on the Xbox One!
What are the expedition levels?

I think it is amazing. The character model and the facial animations are incredible. Overall some of the best graphics I've seen on the current generation.

I love the way they have made hunting animals more than just a trivial XP exercise but have made it more akin to Far Cry's system.

I loved the last one and this new one is just better in every way.

Yeah it's f**king excellent. Plays very much like a semi-open-world game. Pulling you through a narrative but at the same time encouraging you to do side quests and explore the s**t out of everything, and for genuine gains. Proper A-list title. Nothing disappointing about it at all for me so far. Surpassed expectations.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Surpassed expectations.
Totally agree with you on that, mate. I was expecting just a nice evolution of the previous game and this is very much what we got, albeit with enough polish and content to really make it stand out as an A-lister. I've not even bought it yet either... popped around to a mate's house for a quick catch-up and brew and spent the next 8 hours hogging his Xbox One whilst playing this game. :tonguewink:

Ok so this is now upgraded to best game I've ever played.

From the outset, I have a been playing it with a view to 100% completion, which it to say I've been allowing the main narrative to naturally dictate my progress, but I've always been aware of the bigger picture. And good god it has delivered.

In terms of content it is massive. Everything is worth doing. Everything that's worth doing is fun. Nothing is boring. the graphics are amazing. The sound is amazing. The level design is amazing. The story is well written, well directed and well voice acted. And...its just f**king excellent!

10/10

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
So I bought this today, £34 in the Xbox store. First impressions are that it looks immense. I've never really played any Tomb Raider games before, but I'm enjoying this one. My only criticism (if you can call it that) is the sheer amount of cutscene you have to endure - am I playing a game or watching a movie? Anyway, a small complaint, if that. Overall, it might be the game that drags me away from Destiny!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'm really looking forward to this coming out on the ps4 next year.
Hopefully the next one won't be xbone exclusive.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Reviews make me want this, but I'm also a PS4 owner. :(

Worth getting the Definitive Edition? Can pick it up pretty cheap now.

I loved the original games back in the PS1 days, 1, 2 & 3, kinda went off them a bit after that though, went stale like any long running series tends too, good to see they've really brought it back though.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Reviews make me want this, but I'm also a PS4 owner. 😧

Worth getting the Definitive Edition? Can pick it up pretty cheap now.

I loved the original games back in the PS1 days, 1, 2 & 3, kinda went off them a bit after that though, went stale like any long running series tends too, good to see they've really brought it back though.
For the ps4? Definitely. One of the best games out last year imo.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Loving this game. Like Munson said, it is massive and you can lose so much time just exploring caves and tombs whilst trying to carry on the main storyline.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I haven't gotten very far with it, I've just managed to complete the hidden ship tomb, and make it to the edge of the Russian base. I need to play this more, it's a lovely game to look at.

Suzuki Jimny
I completed it over christmas, fantastic game!

Enjoying the challenge things now when fallout isn't taking up my time.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
This is released on PC tomorrow. If it holds up well - bugs wise - I'll be purchasing. If the graphics are exceptional on consoles, the PC should be amazing, especially once the modding scene kicks in, too.

@///Munson - high praise indeed, mate.

Mito Sportiva 135
I haven't gotten very far with it, I've just managed to complete the hidden ship tomb, and make it to the edge of the Russian base. I need to play this more, it's a lovely game to look at.
You're such a pervert. She's just a video game character!

This is released on PC tomorrow. If it holds up well - bugs wise - I'll be purchasing. If the graphics are exceptional on consoles, the PC should be amazing, especially once the modding scene kicks in, too.

@///Munson - high praise indeed, mate.

Sweet. Looking forward to reading about performance. If I have a realistic chance of running this with some proper AA (sorely lacking from the Xbox One version) at 60fps+ then I will buy on PC. No question.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Should of opened my Xbox copy by now, I'll end up buying on PC also no doubt :tonguewink:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Just spent 2 hours downloading Tomb Raider which was in my Steam list, played first 10 minutes thinking yeah pretty cool but sure was familiar. Turns out I downloaded the f*cking old one I had on Xbox one. Unbelievable. So downloading the new one now :triumph::tired:

F82 M4
Just spent 2 hours downloading Tomb Raider which was in my Steam list, played first 10 minutes thinking yeah pretty cool but sure was familiar. Turns out I downloaded the f*cking old one I had on Xbox one. Unbelievable. So downloading the new one now :triumph::tired:
That is amazing LOL