ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ring Crash - Yellow Clio

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Does look like a lovely clio however why is he making that manoeuvre there? Expensive mistake

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Oops!

Shame, looks a really nice car. Easy to make a mistake there though. I spun on my first ever lap and I thought I was going really slowly. Luckily didn't hit anything though.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Taken From The Owner -

"Yeh the Ring fee was €2300, Bongard want €500. The lad who crashed is / has paid everything, It's not that bad TBH. Needs full front panels / lights / NS inner wing / slam panel / chassis leg will need a jig. It'll live once he pays the bodyshop bill"

"Yeh it's a shitter, my pal who crashed it understands he has foot the repair bill / recovery costs so it's not too bad. Wouldn't have minded a lap in it 1st tho. He binned it half way round the 1st lap"

"the driver isn't on here, the owner is ... Me... And it was a combination of lack of talent and not listening to me telling him to back off numerous times. There's bound to be a clip on YouTube by the morning"

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
2300 euros for a bit of Armco and a sweep of the track.

Could at least fork out and get yellow / red lights instead of random blokes with yellow flags.

182 arctic
er why would you need a marshal on a tourist day? it supposed to be sight seeing... no different to driving on the le mans road in france... unfortunately tho you will always get unskilled muppets behind the wheel who lack discipline and cant help the right foot with unfortunate expensive consequences.. no one was hurt luckily..

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Could have been corrected with a bootfull of right foot i reckon. You can see how the back steps out over the dirt with little correction being made to recover it.

Feel sorry for the owner.

Swift Sport
I let my brother drive my car on the 'Ring and I think I could've ridden my Bmx round faster, but at least he respected the circuit and my car.

By the way, last year my mates turbo blew and dripped oil on the track... That was a €2k bill too!

Swift Sport
The circuit only punishes the brave and stupid. Any half decent driver who knows his limits will be fine. If you've driven a UK racetrack even better.

The circuit only punishes the brave and stupid. Any half decent driver who knows his limits will be fine. If you've driven a UK racetrack even better.
Its not me the worries me mate its the other drivers, there's such a broad range of skill levels and performance classes its crazy, plus the amount of traffic, It just looks like chaos to me.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Midweek TF days are good if you want get a few laps in. Last time I was there you'd be stood at a viewing point 2 or 3 minutes before you saw a car come past

Swift Sport
Personally I think it's only YouTube that makes the 'Ring look scary as they only show the accidents. Having said that I've been very good at sensing danger!

Bit of topic this well sort of but I'm at Oulton on Tuesday and there's 76 attendees, is this normal? Seems a hell of a lot of cars to me, especially with some of the different cars that are there, ranging from clio's and ctr's to BAC Mono's, Atoms and Radicals, bit nervous TBH as look how quick this thing will be coming up behind us...

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Bit of topic this well sort of but I'm at Oulton on Tuesday and there's 76 attendees, is this normal? Seems a hell of a lot of cars to me, especially with some of the different cars that are there, ranging from clio's and ctr's to BAC Mono's, Atoms and Radicals, bit nervous TBH as look how quick this thing will be coming up behind us...

76! That's nothing, been on there with 85 a few times :wink:

It's not too bad as everyone won't be out all the time. Stay till the end as well, we have the best sessions then when loads have gone home.

Who's down to drive the Mono? Probably won't be as quick as Oli Webb.

76! That's nothing, been on there with 85 a few times :wink:

It's not too bad as everyone won't be out all the time. Stay till the end as well, we have the best sessions then when loads have gone home.

Who's down to drive the Mono? Probably won't be as quick as Oli Webb.
upload_2016-8-12_11-4-17.png

Oh haha 😂

They won't be able to go that quick if there's traffic.

Go speak to Oli too, he'll give you a few tips. Nice guy.
Will do mate. Am I right in thinking there's 2 of these flying around then...:sweat: They're near 30s a lap quicker than me and near 40s a lap quicker than my pal, might just bang a novice sticker on the back, LOL.