ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ring Crash - Yellow Clio

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Will do mate. Am I right in thinking there's 2 of these flying around then...:sweat: They're near 30s a lap quicker than me and near 40s a lap quicker than my pal, might just bang a novice sticker on the back, LOL.

Yeah, he'll be testing them probably (he's their test driver).

Most of the fast cars usually respect the normal road cars, just don't hold them up for ages otherwise some get arsey. He's sound though.

Tbh you could be flat out and just move off line slightly and they'll be on their way, you won't even need to lift off.

PH2 172
Cars a write off! Pushed the subframe back on pass side about 1.5" and also bent the rear axle and Spring seats.

New ph1 picked up ready for another rebuild for the ring later in year or next year.. Yes, it will be going yellow too.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Cars a write off! Pushed the subframe back on pass side about 1.5" and also bent the rear axle and Spring seats.

New ph1 picked up ready for another rebuild for the ring later in year or next year.. Yes, it will be going yellow too.

Sad times mate. Hope the new venture goes well.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I went past just after it happened. they were CHOKED! Worst place to crash there, banterwise. Wasn't even his who was driving, was his mate. Just finished building it, it's got quite a thread on facebook. At least they didn't close the track or the bill would've been mental. poor sod

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy

good luck mate. Best way to learn to be honest, we did! You'll be back.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
It will reincarnate with a turbo attached to the engine I think. See what the plans are..
How did you get It back pal? We managed to duct tapes ours up and limp home but yours looked past that

what do those things lap in, 1.30 ish?
1:43 lap in that vid, my best so far in the 182 is a 2:11, so 28s a lap quicker...

That Mono is quicker than the Bentley GT3 around Oulton, only by 3s mind. I seen a few weeks ago live, its absolutely epic in the metal and it sounds like thunder, much better sounding than the 2016 F1 cars IMO.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Personally I think it's only YouTube that makes the 'Ring look scary as they only show the accidents. Having said that I've been very good at sensing danger!
It doesn't show just how many yellow flag zones there are now, how so many arseholes ignore them, how many inexperienced 'legends' there are out there doing laps........ Honestly mate the list is endless. I love the place, but after this year I won't be going back.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
It doesn't show just how many yellow flag zones there are now, how so many arseholes ignore them, how many inexperienced 'legends' there are out there doing laps........ Honestly mate the list is endless. I love the place, but after this year I won't be going back.
I'm definitely going at a quieter time next year. Were a lot of bellends there this year. I got overtaken on at least 2 yellow flags by someone who's been playing far too much gran turismo

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I stopped doing TF laps at the Ring many years ago as I got scared sharing with so many idiots and have-a-go-heros. I still love the place in terms of spectating but would now only take to the track on a dedicated track day or in a hired Swift :)

PH2 172
How did you get It back pal? We managed to duct tapes ours up and limp home but yours looked past that

It came home on a trailer. It's my mates car not mine thankfully. I was at home with my newborn. I lend them my Audi and trailer to go back for it, it's a mess like. Had another look today and it's literally just crumpled to pieces..

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
It came home on a trailer. It's my mates car not mine thankfully. I was at home with my newborn. I lend them my Audi and trailer to go back for it, it's a mess like. Had another look today and it's literally just crumpled to pieces..
Good of you. Whereabouts in UK? Hate the drive back is so borrrring

PH2 172
Down South. drove from ring in a mates car to get my car/trailer, straight back down South to catch ferry. Straight to collect car and then straight back home, no real sleep bar on ferry.

Clio
Fair play to binning someone elses car rather than your own.

Why the f**k would you give the first lap to someone else? Own fault really. No sympathy here.

Swift Sport
I think Nurburgring trips and trackdays in general have become much more commonplace these days. I still remember the days of having to explain to fellow car nuts what a trackday was, and where the Nurburgring is. Now thanks to Top Gear and YouTube everyone knows, and the popularity has clearly brought the idiots with it.

Clio182.E30M3,E821M
I was there that weekend in my 1M and saw the car being recovered, gutted for you both and on you tube corner!!
Pleased that the car can be fixed and no one was hurt.
I took my brother out on track once in 325, he was the same to fast and didn't listen to a thing I said, he spun down cranner curves but luckily missed the oncoming traffic, he hasn't been in one of my cars since!!!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
s**t, just read further that the cars is a write off, Gutted!!!

As soon as I saw the footage I thought "Write off".

Good shunt and totally avoidable if that was truly the first lap out.