ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rig shot of my RB

Okay, guess lying gets you nowhere, it is of course, a Photoshop, but I'm really happy with the results, took about 2.5 hours to do in total :)

6831458826_6997ebe1d3_b.jpg

Rig Shot 001 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Superb effort Ed, really well done mate. Love the way you've added motion blur to the reflections too!

Did you use a tutorial for this or was it just a case of experimenting?

Awesome :)

May i ask how you did that?

Used Radial blur set to Zoom effect, basically anyway, then did a lot of cloning to tidy the edges up, smudge tool to pick out intricate areas.

I didn't play too much with the curves as I liked the colours of the standard shot.

Superb effort Ed, really well done mate. Love the way you've added motion blur to the reflections too!

Did you use a tutorial for this or was it just a case of experimenting?

Experimenting tbh, I've looked at Youtube videos for other things like the clone tool, probably should've watched a tutorial for this as it has a lot of defects imho :eek:

I'm pretty new to PS so it's all learning :)

Here is the original shot btw:

6831466206_26c09cc130_b.jpg

DSC09781 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Im a total n00b when it comes to this kinda stuff but when i see pics like that it gives so much inspiration :)

Newbie question, I have elements 7 so is it possible that i could do the above on that?

Im a total n00b when it comes to this kinda stuff but when i see pics like that it gives so much inspiration :)

Newbie question, I have elements 7 so is it possible that i could do the above on that?

I did it on CS3 but I dare say (don't quote me though) that Elements would be perfectly fine for it!

Corsa Van. Meh.
Brilliant. I am not ashamed to admit I actually thought these shots were done with a rig!

Cheers for the compliments guys.

I'd love to make a tutorial, but its fair to say I don't know PhotoShop well enough, I would've thought I've done a lot of it wrong! I might have a go at putting one together over the week though, let some of the more experienced guys have a look, see what they think :)

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
Love the photos, before I read the description I was thinking he's driving very close to the curb then i saw it was photoshop, anyway looks fantastic, wish I had the patients and skill to do that.

im really intrigued by this... i might try and beat your record :p

My record? Time you mean? If so go for it, speed isn't important as I'm not doing it for a living ;)

Certainly have a go, its very rewarding and I love how the final image looks. Ive done a tutorial as well, see post #25.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
My record? Time you mean? If so go for it, speed isn't important as I'm not doing it for a living ;)

Certainly have a go, its very rewarding and I love how the final image looks. Ive done a tutorial as well, see post #25.

yeah, gonna aim for under 2.5 hours :p just to see if i can really.

tbf ill probably do it in the time but carry on without realising... i get sucked into PS for hours lol... i used to waste weeks in the mac rooms at uni and make one piece of work lol :p

oh, i noticed the tutorial. im gonna see if i can do it without it since im guessing you didnt have one at first?

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Seeing pictures like these really make me want to get better at using PS, as I am a complete noob at the moment.

I might take a trip to delamere forest on the way back from college on college tomorrow evening.

yeah, gonna aim for under 2.5 hours :p just to see if i can really.

tbf ill probably do it in the time but carry on without realising... i get sucked into PS for hours lol... i used to waste weeks in the mac rooms at uni and make one piece of work lol :p

oh, i noticed the tutorial. im gonna see if i can do it without it since im guessing you didnt have one at first?

Oh absolutely yeah! Once I get going on it, I can't stop, I love it now! It makes those really desirable shots a lot more accessible, and its made me enjoy my photography a lot more too! It really is so rewarding :)

Yeah you're right, I didn't have a guide, I did have YouTube though, for the basics like masks and correct use of the clone tool, the rest I just played with until I found what I wanted. Easily the best thing I can say about PhotoShop is just use it, get things wrong, and use it again, things will keep going wrong until you pick up what went right, before long it becomes somewhat "easy"!

All about practice, as I've said a number of times at Christmas I knew next to nothing about PhotoShop and its uses, and ive hardly spent all night every night on it, its been an evening once a week or so tbh! So you can learn quickly if you want to!