ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacement handset from 02. Which one?

My c905 has gone doolally. I told o2 and they said basically they know it's gay and are going to phone me back in the next 24 hours to ask what replacement handset I would like.

What do I get?? I can't get on the o2 site as going out on site.

I don't really want another SE as they seem to have issues, hate samsungs, so leaves nokia really, and dare I say it the iphone, although I expect it would cost me a lot to have one of those.

HELP!!!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I have been in the same situation as you for a while, trying to find an upgrade, but i just set up my 30 day orange cancellation and am moving to o2, looked at the n97 and its a really nice piece of kit, especially with vine (i met the guys that made this 2 days ago, awesome app)

But it appears the fan boys and right, and as much as i hate to say it, despite the awful tarriffs, the iphone does rule all. So nice to use, and thats what you do with a phone at the end of the day, use it.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
n97 is a very nice phone indeed. Can't slate it, the slide feels nice and solid, if a little snappy at worst, but it doenst feel like it'll snap or get loose, software is nice, can't comment on the touch screen, didnt get long enough with it.

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
My brother has been using an N97 on trial for a couple of weeks and says its excellent. Personally, I wouldnt touch an iPhone :nono:

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
hahahah 8900 ftw imo, battery lats forever, smaller, neater...and fast IMO. Do like the leather effect back though

Following on from this;

I'm an O2 online customer, which I took out in 2005. I got upgraded in January in a store, instead of online, and apparently this is a huge issue for O2, to the extent the online part of O2 have disowned me. I now have to deal with the "offline" side. 'Tards/.

Anyway, I was told origonally I could have any phone. True. Do they have any phones in stock that they can give as replacements? Nope. Obviously can't get an iPhone, as you can't even get one as a new customer. Fine, don't really want one.

They will repair my C905, but said it'd break again. Cool. Said I could have the new W995 if I liked. I said yeah that would be ok. Can't garantee we will have one in stock for a while though. We have been "told" that we will have some on the 31st, but it's not a set date, and as they are different stock to new handsets, we can't actually say we will have any, you could be waiting months.

So I asked what they did have in stock? NOTHING sir, well nothing with an 8mp camera like your C905. I said I never used the camera, do the phones they have in stock actually make phone calls unlike my C905? Well yes.

To cut a long storey short, the only phone they had in stock that was kind of any good was a nokia 5800 touch screen jobby. My brother has one, and it seems ok, and he's had no problems. So he said he would send one out as a replacement handset with a battery tomorrow. I just swap my handset when it arrives. I asked if it comes with a charger?! NOPE. LMFAO!!!! How am I meant to charge the f**king thing then mate? Use your old phones charger was the reply. Ummm.... SE charger in a Nokia? I don't think it will work. So he agreed to send a charger with it. 'Tards/.

So now I have a year left on my contract, a s**t phone (although C905 is pretty gash) and no hope in selling the damn thing as it won't have a box.

I <3 O2 customer services.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Bad times. If it's any comfort, my sister has the 5800. It's f**king woeful. More of a smack with a mallet screen than a touch screen.

BMW F31
See if you can find just the box for sale on fleabay, they do comu up, worth a look, then sell it of and get something decent. :)

133T
Been with o2 for years and always upgraded to a decent phone with no problems. This year it seems to be an almighty task. I'll be going elsewhere i think.

Astra Twintop
with o2, i get the feeling its the Iphone or nothing!

Im with O2, Got W705 and does the job