ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Repairing damaged vehicles

Clio's
Does anyone know anything about repairing or replacing a bent slam panel. i have a some pictures if someone could help i would appreciate it. can this be repaired or does it need replacing and how much would something like this cost?

DSC01183.jpg

DSC01184.jpg

DSC01182.jpg

DSC01181.jpg

naples valver
ur have to replace that mate along with the wing, and prob have the bumber replaced to and bonnet repaired but cant tell from pics how bad damage is, best bet is to take it to a few bodyshops and get some quotes if its ok to drive.

Last edited:
  Clio's
yeh the bumper bonet wing and hedlight all need replacing. its not my car im looking at buying it and want an idea on price before i decide to buy it or not.

Punto/Clio GTT
hard to say, really depends on how well it pulls out.

what tools do you have, do you have a dozer or a 1/4 power?

ide repair it myself, but many people would be happy throwing a new one on

Clio's
how much would a garage charge to replace it. i dont have any tools like that so could not do it myself.

Punto/Clio GTT
thats what im saying, i got access to a 1/4 power so ide repair it.

it depends how well it pulled out for you whether its a repair/replace.

get a solid chain, wrap it round a tree and pull from it in reverse, keep the pressure on and it should pull out niceley with you persuading it with a hammer too.

Punto/Clio GTT
as for replace, it aint a huge job, you could do it yourself, but im pretty confident that it will be spot welded and bolted on, so you'll need a welder.

strip down front panel, radiator out, lights out, bumper out

and price, i have no idea how much front panel would cost, but i reckon your looking at maybe £200 from a small garage. easy job for them