ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renewal comedy by "Admiral".

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
OK so renewal is here and there has been a disturbing increase across the board on the R.

But the funniest increase is always the renewal. 6 weeks ago or so when I swapped motors over I got a heads up that the renewal would be £230-240 or so for the pair of us.

Fine I thought - but they are trying their luck at £350!!!

This has boiled my pee a tad as the chap on their line quoted the £230 odd and said he'll make sure the renewal is "realistic". It ain't. So I am therefore now off elsewhere.

Why do they try this on people who have made it clear they won't stand for it.

If you got quoted £230 just tell them the ref number & they'll do it for that.

The renewal price from them is a joke every year, everyone knows that dude!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
admiral wanted allot more for renewal with me last year. got a cheaper quote from the online, gave ref number and my new policy was considerably cheaper than renewal lol

DB.

BMW 440i
I do hate the non competitive renewal quotes, a company should be giving a competitive quote from the off

I'm paying nearly double for the fiesta than younger drivers on the 'R' it seems :(

Since adaptive cruise with radar and city brake is standard, it greatly reduces the Golf's premium.

The S3 was more than double the cost of the R when I got a quote as it doesn't come with it as standard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
My missis got her renewal through last week, Aviva wanted £450. 2 minutes on Confused.com and we found one for £180. I fully expect to change my insurance company every year unless they match the cheapest quote I've found online.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Looks like I'm getting robbed here. I'm nearly 800 for a trophy. Defo change my policy from Tesco next year

Nothing at the mo :(
I had my renewal from churchill this week. tbh its the same as everyone else quotes atm so im happy with that!!! :D :D saves ringing up to change it

I had my renewal through this week £565, went online with the same company and got it for £225. Their response was "sometimes it works out cheaper online" :nono:

Looks like I'm getting robbed here. I'm nearly 800 for a trophy. Defo change my policy from Tesco next year

Dunno, my Clio was more expensive than the Golf R fyi!

I had my renewal through this week £565, went online with the same company and got it for £225. Their response was "sometimes it works out cheaper online" :nono:

I'd have gone with someone else out of principle, that's just poor.

late 2003 172cup
My turbo trophy all mods declared £425
Saxo vtr £336
And golf R £224!

You would of thought the golf r being like cosworth was years ago! Hard to insure!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Lol I mean with it braking so hard when there's an obstacle, sure there was talk of breaking hard when people got a bit to close on roundabouts etc?

Lol I mean with it braking so hard when there's an obstacle, sure there was talk of breaking hard when people got a bit to close on roundabouts etc?

Haha yeah :p just kidding :)

But yeah I agree, I've only had it happen once - when a car was turning into a drive (I was really not that close at all, probably 2-3 car lengths, presume the radar caught the last corner of the bumper), and it did do emergency breaking, luckily nothing behind!

I guess at least if someone does go into the back of you, it's more likely to be their fault :D

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Is there any way to turn it down or off? I imagine it stops really well.

Violent brakes. Really are.

I'm having a snoop online tonight then getting the insurance from elsewhere. They shouldn't of "tried it on" at renewal. 6 poxy weeks after speaking to them too. Mongs.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
daftinsurance.jpg

Top 3 most expensive quotes on the "R". Unreal. Winner is £250 with £0 Vol and all extras ticked/provided.