ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

29 and renewal on my 182 is over £500

MK5 R32
Hi Guys, Has anyone else had issues with their insurance rising this year? I've just had my renewal come through from Greenlight and its £550 :eek:

I would'nt mind but im 29, and got 7 or 8 years ncb. im sure when I insured my 182 3 years ago it was less than that and last year I had a edition 30 gti, modified for less than that. Have other people noticed an increase this year?? I've been with Greenlight for probably the last 6 years and they have always been superb, so ideally I want to stay but just cant justify paying that kind of premium for the car :dapprove:

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Mine has come down this year, £320 for 182 cup, 34 years old, max no claims.

MK5 R32
I'm going to look around and get some other quotes, Greenlight have always been the cheapest by far. I did think possibly now the price of the 182's have dropped low more could be getting written of as Danny said, so prices rising. I only sold my Golf to reduce costs and try to save money and I just cant see how it could end up costing me more.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Last year the dog kennel cost £450 fully comp maximum no claims, with unlimited mods,
this year it was £400, Brentacre rule!!!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'm going for brentacre when renewal is up in may. That's Fo Sho!!!!!

clio 172 phs 1
Just renewed my policy, 33, full no claims and protected,no points etc £224.....not too bad at all.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Last year the dog kennel cost £450 fully comp maximum no claims, with unlimited mods,
this year it was £400, Brentacre rule!!!

Think I'm going to give these guys a call when mind is up. I pay £700+ for mine (all mods declared) with max protected NBC. If its as cheap as your I'd be well chuffed?

Do we get discount for being members on here? I'm with sky off here and get discount.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Think I'm going to give these guys a call when mind is up. I pay £700+ for mine (all mods declared) with max protected NBC. If its as cheap as your I'd be well chuffed?

Do we get discount for being members on here? I'm with sky off here and get discount.

Unfortunately not, but if you're lucky you'll get the bloke that's had loads of Renaults,
i've chatted loads to him about 1*2s, R5s, and F4Rd Valvers an Megane coupe's, as he's owned them all.

This year when I asked them about how come my renewal was cheaper,
when all the other insurers put their prices up, he said that's what a broker does,
they shop around and get you the best deal.

Strange thing was, the policy they got me was with the same company. :S

Brenacre are cool, everyone i've ever spoke to there is well into cars.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Ive just done both my RS's with Direct Line.

Cheapest of the reputable companies, with the lowest XS.
£ 323 for my 182 Cup. (full NCD, no speeding fines, but one claim just less than 3yr ago)

Ford Mustang 5.0
Hi Guys, Has anyone else had issues with their insurance rising this year? I've just had my renewal come through from Greenlight and its £550 :eek:

I would'nt mind but im 29, and got 7 or 8 years ncb. im sure when I insured my 182 3 years ago it was less than that and last year I had a edition 30 gti, modified for less than that. Have other people noticed an increase this year?? I've been with Greenlight for probably the last 6 years and they have always been superb, so ideally I want to stay but just cant justify paying that kind of premium for the car :dapprove:

Jay

Doesnt sound right mate, I did one yesterday for a 26 year old on 182 with mods (3yrs NCB) and it was less, must be something up.

Drop me a PM with your contact details so i can take a look at it straight away for you.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance
01277 376000

Last edited:
  XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Does sound a tad pricey, id shop around a bit and see what other prices you can come up with.

i used Greenlight many years ago, left a nasty taste in my mouth and i refuse to go anywhere near them again, customer service and support was beyond shocking!
give Keith Micheals a shout, looked after me for a good few years now with our fleet of cars and always been by far the cheapeast and i couldnt fault them in anyway atall with the way they help out, nothing is ever to much effort for them.

Ford Mustang 5.0
Does sound a tad pricey, id shop around a bit and see what other prices you can come up with.

i used Greenlight many years ago, left a nasty taste in my mouth

Hi Mate

Im really sorry to hear that, we normally do really well on customer feedback and there have been a number of posts recently and previously recommending us and complimenting our service.

If it was many years ago I can only apologise. I hate to think we left a customer disatisifed even if it was a number of years ago...Would you mind PM'n some details of what went on id love to take a look to see if I can do anything to reverse the situation.

I personally try everything I can to help customers have and gone out of my way to help members "Msphotographic" recently when all other insurers were turning him down or quoting silly money.

Im on the forum for all members to get in touch (24/7) and i even offer to come in out of hours for members to arrange track cover or change of policies on Sundays when we are closed.

Im hoping that many other members on here will vouch for our customer service and that your experience was a one off :(

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance
01277 376000

Last edited:
  XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Neil, im unsure if it was yourself or a colleague of yours i made contact with a couple of years back over on PF about this when i made this similar comment.
i PM'd all details as requested and never even had a response back from it, which made me feel even more cheesed off with it.

the issue was circa 8 - 9 years ago.
its not a personal issue with yourself, but obviously the way an issue is sorted/handled/addressed makes or breaks a persons opinion of a company, which can then be a hard task to change.
i now only deal with Keith Micheals for all of the families car insurance needs, i always end up speaking to the same person when i make a call to them, to the point that the guy now knows me well, chat upon many subjects and even met up with him at a few car based events, for me he has won them a 5 star apraisal for his company, and i can clearly see why he is the comapnies leading policy salesman.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Neil, i appreciate your PM, i can see you are doing all you can to help everyone and i applaud you for that.

thank you for your kind message and i wish you well :D

Ford Mustang 5.0
Neil, im unsure if it was yourself or a colleague of yours i made contact with a couple of years back over on PF about this when i made this similar comment.
i PM'd all details as requested and never even had a response back from it, which made me feel even more cheesed off with it.

the issue was circa 8 - 9 years ago.
its not a personal issue with yourself, but obviously the way an issue is sorted/handled/addressed makes or breaks a persons opinion of a company, which can then be a hard task to change.
i now only deal with Keith Micheals for all of the families car insurance needs, i always end up speaking to the same person when i make a call to them, to the point that the guy now knows me well, chat upon many subjects and even met up with him at a few car based events, for me he has won them a 5 star apraisal for his company, and i can clearly see why he is the comapnies leading policy salesman.

I like to do things in a similar way and try to be as personbable as possible dealing with customers as a person rather than just a number.

It wasnt myself that contacted you but could of been Tony as he is our Passion Ford Contact. With it being 8-9 years old its going to be difficult for me to trace the relevant information but if you wanted to drop me a PM id like to try.

I see that you are happy with the service on your current Fleet insurance but just dont like thinking a customer felt let down even thought it was 8yrs ago.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance
01277 376000

Ford Mustang 5.0
Thank you so much for the PM response. I didnt expect such a nice reply from someone we let down.

I genuinley try and help out and hate to think we have let someone down. When i read your post i actually felt a knot in my stomach knowing that its something that i'll (greenlight) will never be able to rectify.

We are a relatively small family owned business similar to Keith Michaels so there is no excuse really for the odd slip through case. I know you could catch someone at the wrong time or during a busy period but there is no excuse for lack customer service....even a one off.

The staff members we have here now have all been with us for 5+ years but we have had other members leave over the years.

If only I had a Delorean I could go back in time and make up for this.

Thank you again for being so understanding. If you can see it your heart to give us another chance in the future im sure we can turn your opinion around. I'll be sure to sort you an excellent price and could even give you my personal mobile number to discuss your policy at any point.

I have worked here 16 years (started as an office junior in the post room) so will always be around to help with your policy :)

Ford Mustang 5.0

Sent you a PM and left voicemail

The renewal rate we sent for some reason has pulled through the Edition 30 price, you are correct it should be lower and hasnt updated on the new details :dead:

The Rate on the Clio is a fair bit less. Left you voicemail so can you give me a call back when you get a sec. (also if you wanted to reduce your miles to 7500 it would be EVEN lower)

I'm going with yourselves (Greenlight) Next year :)

£900 FC on my Astra Any mod I want up to 150BHP. I'm 21 with a claim 2 years a go. My current insurance (Sainsbury's) said if I modify my car they won't insure me. This is unacceptable ;).

So yeah, spoke to one of you guys who gave me an email as a confirmation damn awesome service :).

Cheers

Nick

Ford Mustang 5.0
I'm going with yourselves (Greenlight) Next year :)

£900 FC on my Astra Any mod I want up to 150BHP. I'm 21 with a claim 2 years a go. My current insurance (Sainsbury's) said if I modify my car they won't insure me. This is unacceptable ;).

So yeah, spoke to one of you guys who gave me an email as a confirmation damn awesome service :).

Cheers

Nick

Cheers Nick. If you thought about reducing your annual mileage or tweaking the excess it may even get the quote even lower?

To be fair Neil that's spot on for me!

£200 excess too, my current excess is £1000 and my current premium is £1200 FC no modifications and 2 years no claims on a 1.4... lol.

I'm happy with £900 :)

ITB BG 182
I stayed with Greenlight for now my 5th year, never had any problems with them and they even reduced my insurance by £35 or so, just believe me when I say my license is by far from clean and the cars is modded in everyway possible.
£465 i think it is for 10k miles and SPDC travel.

That's quite bad! But insurance does seem to be going up instead of down as well :(

And mileage is a big thing when it comes to insuring these as well, as I found out....

The cheapest I could find was £630 FC, 22, 4NCB, 5 years driving doing 10k a year with an exhaust through elephant.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I've been with Greenlight 5 years now on the 172, never had any problems and very helpful on the phone :)
But my insurance is up again this year too :(

MK5 R32
Sent you a PM and left voicemail

The renewal rate we sent for some reason has pulled through the Edition 30 price, you are correct it should be lower and hasnt updated on the new details :dead:

The Rate on the Clio is a fair bit less. Left you voicemail so can you give me a call back when you get a sec. (also if you wanted to reduce your miles to 7500 it would be EVEN lower)

Thanks for you're help earlier Neil, I will be renewing with Greenlight again this year :clap:

Ph1 172
Mate , I'm 22 have four years no claims and a theft ...............I pay nearly £2000 I'd snap at the chance of a £500 premium lol

Ford Mustang 5.0
Mate , I'm 22 have four years no claims and a theft ...............I pay nearly £2000 I'd snap at the chance of a £500 premium lol

£2000 :eek: drop me a PM or call me at the office when your policy is due id be confident in organising you a MUCH cheaper price.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
neil@greenlight

You quoted me in October £439 fully comp, not protected.
Direct Line, esure and Admiral were all around the £350 mark with comparable excesses but INCLUDED Protected no claims bonus.

I applaud your attitude above in trying to get the bottom of peoples questions, and will be sure to try you next year when both cars are up for renewal.