ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RenaultSport Clio Conversion

Clio 172 cup
Re: Clio sport convertion!

Showing people your registration plate and having a non declared rs conversion = biggest fail of 2012

Anyone can report you.

You should be paying £3,000-£4,000 to insure that giving your young, in-experianced and cant drive for s**t

daver1985

ClioSport Club Member
  172 + 555 scoob

ive just stuck mine on traders im 26 and pay 1400 fully comp on any car in my possesion and can have upto 12 cars on my policy but only allowed to drive cars worh upto 15,000 :D

Sport Conversion

Think its because of milti car, not even insured yet 1100 is just a quoat with engine declared

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

you might say its a quote mate but if i was you, i would notify the DVLA of your conversion, get the correct documents and tax for that perticular spec and insure it properly.

saves a whole lot of unessesary hassle when you have a crash or someone bumps into you.

dont insure it or get the proper documents and they'll f**k you off straight away

ryan

Sport Conversion

It harsh, who told you I 'can't drive for s**t' your all so negitive, I could be a 10008 better drive than you and ud never knw

Breaking 172 NV676

It harsh, who told you I 'can't drive for s**t' your all so negitive, I could be a 10008 better drive than you and ud never knw

Going on the fact you showed a picture of your 1.2 on its roof? Must have been doing something quite daft to get your 1.2 in that state.

Reading up on the new dvla rules for engine conversions it looks like you may have some trouble with it.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

we are simply trying to stop you making a complete arse of yourself. we are all here to help you do know that. yes we might be all negative, but with good intentions, cs.net see's a load of things go wrong, not pointing fingers at you mate, but take it as advice.

Ph2 172

You might be able to drive but at least the majority of people know how to use a spell checker!

(Double check's all spelling is correct ;) )

Sport Conversion

we are simply trying to stop you making a complete arse of yourself. we are all here to help you do know that. yes we might be all negative, but with good intentions, cs.net see's a load of things go wrong, not pointing fingers at you mate, but take it as advice.

Thank you, not 100% what I'm doing with it yet but I just had it for 6 month with no mods on my last years insurance because lv didn't insure engine convertions, ta

Sport Conversion

Not bothered about spelling, its a forum, and I'm an engineer, not a english teacher :)

SG9 Forester STi

MID shows it insured TODAY as a clio dynamic 16v

It will do. The car is converted, not a 172/182.

I haven't read the rest of the thread if I'm being honest but all I'll add is - insure it correctly. It's not worth it not to declare the engine and sanding off the Renault sport on the inlet doesn't count lol.

Breaking 172 NV676

It will do. The car is converted, not a 172/182.

I haven't read the rest of the thread if I'm being honest but all I'll add is - insure it correctly. It's not worth it not to declare the engine and sanding off the Renault sport on the inlet doesn't count lol.

He said further up that his insurance ran out on the 11th?

I know quite a few people that have ended up in trouble with un-insured engine conversions. Insurance companies class you as in breach of the terms of your policy which leaves you un-insured, they tried to purse one guy for fraud other two were taken to court for being personally liable for the damage on the other cars and all lost their license.

SG9 Forester STi

He said further up that his insurance ran out on the 11th?

In that case. Busted.

If he was smart he'd get that sorted. If you want the engine then be prepared to pay for the extra insurance that comes with it.

Black 172
Pretty stupid to post that on a forum when all someone's got to do is contact any insurer and they'll probably pass the info on to the correct insurer. I don't know if they'd act on it unless a claim was made though?

Clio ph2 172

Bulls**t, No insurance company on earth would insure an 18 year old with an accident and a 172 engine for £1100, Infact i strongly doubt they would even insure a 1.2 for that much.

im 19 with 2 years no claims and i am about to pay 2404.68 for my 172

SG9 Forester STi
^ Geez, I thought mine was bad at £1600.

EDIT: Actually, for your age that's quite good.

Listerine & Poledo

Not bothered about spelling,
1)its a forum, and
2)I'm an engineer, not a english teacher :)

1) Evun sum forums haf standereds... this isnt 4chan
2)

EDIT: How do you remove it? oooo, no no no, it doesn't work like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Breaking 172 NV676
Who's to say it hasn't already been reported, by an irritated CS owner who pays a lot of insurance because of insurance fraud?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

im 19 with 2 years no claims and i am about to pay 2404.68 for my 172

f**k that. I've just turned 21 with 2 accidents and no Ncb... I can insure one for £2100 or so.
I think I can even insure a mk1 frs for that lol. I wouldn't pay more than £1400 for insurance again so I guess I'll be waiting a while lol

Why is it when I know someone wants a thread removed, I immediately and automatically screenshot every page? ;)

Lol it's people like you that keep teh lulz flowing:hail: