ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault key central locking fob

clio sport 1.2 16v
My central locking key fob has broken. I have taken the key apart and the PTM switch has broken off. I have t to soilder the button back on but it still doesn't work. Can I get a secondhand key from eBay and then program the key to my central locking. Thanks

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Are you sure the SMD is functioning? I'd try it with a DMM set to continuity an ten "push" the switch to see I your meter beeps.

If it does there is another fault on the PCB or if it doesn't replace the switch.

Mick

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Does the SMD (in your case, the switch) actually work (have you electrically tested it and confirmed it works)?

You can't code a used key to another car.

clio sport 1.2 16v
Yes, I have used the test meter and belled the switched out. Therefore when pressed the meter makes the buzzing noise. Understand?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yes

In that case then, either your soldering is terrible or the PCB has another fault somewhere.

Maybe just buy a new key?