ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault 5 Turbo 2 Road/Track/Sprint

Golf R soon...
Linky

240166-1.jpg

240166-2.jpg

240166-3.jpg

240166-4.jpg

240166-5.jpg

240166-6.jpg

Description:

Renault 5 Turbo 2 developed for sprints & hillclimbs and remaining road registered. MOT Jan 08 & 6 months tax.

100 miles since rebuild

View a few vids of the car in action
www.youtube.com/watch?v=buAfSRemwC
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKCIgGTyPb

Spec includes:

Engine: 1400cc Turbo, T3 Hybrid Turbo, New John Price Rallying cam & followers, Salv Sacco Steel Liners & forged pistons, ceramic coated exhaust manifold,EFi, Omex 500 ECU. Head skimmed & all new gaskets.Strengthened engine and exhaust mounts.

Cooling: Charge Cooler, Electronic Water pump, new engine bay extractor fan, cosworth cone filter. Copper fuel breather pipes and aluminium water pipes.

AP racing twin plate organic clutch, Gripper Limted Slip Differential, Custom made stainless steel repackable twin exhaust approx 98db @ 2/3 revs(to meet most track noise limits)

Suspension: Front- Adjustable Bilstein suspension made to works 5 Maxi Turbo spec
Rear- standard
Shorter stiffer springs all round

Brakes: Front- Hi Spec 6 pot lightweight calipers with 320mm discs. Goodridge hoses all round

15" Compomotive Wheels with Toyo Proxes T1-R tyres

Exterior: Complete overhaul completed March 07. Brand new Maxi Turbo front wings, front & rear spoilers and bonnet. Interior and exterior is painted in Renault F1 Blue and black, black carbon roof vent, engine kill pull & extinguisher pull, two new towing eyes and all relevant motorsport stickers. Black trailing mud flaps all round.

Interior: Stripped interior (but conforms to road class in our sprint championship) Full OMP roll cage powder coated in black, plumbed in lifeline extinguisher plus hand held, extinguisher pull & engine kill switch, magnum lightweight seats with black Sabelt harnesses (purchased new 2006,conform to MSA rules)Racetech guages including oil temp, oil pressure & boost. New lightweight race spec battery added June 07

We purchased the car in 2005, it had been imported from France in 1989 and owned for 15 yrs by it's first uk owner, subsequent owner added EFi & engine management system.

It was completely stripped over the winter and finished it's rebuild earlier this year. The car has remained Left Hand Drive. There are 2 A4 files full of receipts from 1989 onwards plus a full pictorial record of it's mechanical development carried out by Motoscope of Northallerton and bodywork by SBS-Bodystyling

Car was featured in Performance French Car Magazine in August 2007 (pics are far better quality than I can take!) and subsequently a number of other magazines reporting on the French Car Show.

Car comes with engine covers and a few spares including original front bumper, a new pair of original front wings & bonnet.

Reason for selling? Got no time and it's just sitting in the garage, this car needs to be used!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Belongs to a guy called Blot on RTOC.

Very Mint and loads and loads of cash spent on it.

I'd buy it tomorrow If I win the lottery.

Amen brother.

Then I'd take it hill climbing, and die happy (probably in a fire ball at the first corner but what the hell...).

Dan

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
£5k would buy you an quicker R5.

You could even use the rest to buy that other inferior 2 seater Renault of yours....

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

You could even use the rest to buy that other inferior 2 seater Renault of yours....

uh huh...whats your point. It's a piece of history/Uniqueness. And i doubt a R5 would beat a Turbo 2 of that spec! ^The above is low 5's to 60.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

uh huh...whats your point. It's a piece of history/Uniqueness. And i doubt a R5 would beat a Turbo 2 of that spec! ^The above is low 5's to 60.

chill winston, i'm winding you up. It might be a peice of history, but ultimately i think the colour completely ruins it.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

chill winston, i'm winding you up. It might be a peice of history, but ultimately i think the colour completely ruins it.

Can't say the colour does much for me either...But still awesome