ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing the ABS system?

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Hmm i am getting a little bit lost, what solution could i use to keep my clocks, or other clocks that will fit my setup for example sport clocks or something?
Could i not just keep the sensors for speed?

Hmm i am getting a little bit lost, what solution could i use to keep my clocks, or other clocks that will fit my setup for example sport clocks or something?
Could i not just keep the sensors for speed?

If the abs speed-o is driven off the abs sensors I'm guessing it will need the ABS ECU as well

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Looks good, but does the speedo run off the Shafts? as i will be changing the shafts to sport ones. (i think) .. How would it work? just trace the sensor to the end of the connection, cut it off, solder those 3 wires on, and run the one yellow one to my clocks and job done? how accurate will it be etc?

GB 182 FF
I believe its calibrateable so you can set the pulse conversion to give you the right output. I've not used one but if you email Dom on picbits he will tell you everything you've ever not needed to know about ABS to Vss conversion lol

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Last thing i want is to get caugh speeding again, one more time and its good by licence, so need it to work.
Any other solutions? Thanks for that mate, will mail Dom tomorrow. :)
Can anyone think of anything else?

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
How does the ABS sensor work? i mean what does it monitor? is it the Shafts?
If so, am i gonna run into problems changing them to sport ones for more strength when the other engine goes in?

Lionel Richie
strength? what you on about, i use 1.2 shafts on my track car (90K mile old ones at that!)

my Y plate 1.2 16V aka Dynacup (first mk2 phs2 clio in the country BTW ;)) is/was box driven speedo

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Yeah but what power does your track car have Fred?
i know its down to different levels of torque too but i dont know what mine will be, but i am aiming for 20PSI, fuel injected 1.4 8V which will be 200bhp, or there abouts, thats what i aim for when fully setup, and i dont think 1.2 shafts will handle that.
We twisted a driveshaft in half before in the Renault 5 we had when we used a Renault 5 Campus shaft.