ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing gearlever.

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
How difficult is it to remove the whole gearlever from the car? I'm looking at doing a small modification to mine, but need to fully remove it to do so. Car is a 172 Cup.

Any help appreciated.

CB600FS
You can remove the gear knob itself by just pulling up very hard, its just a very tight push fit.

The gaiter will come off without taking it off though, it unclips from the trim at the bottom, then cut off the cable tie and replace it in the same place when you refit it.

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
I want to remove the whole lever if possible. In short, I'm going to get one from a scrappy that I can rip the gearknob off, chop down a bit and stick on an 8 ball as a gearknob. I don't want to wreck the one in my car, as I want to be able to return it to standard when I sell it.

you would prob have to get under the car undo the linkage to the gear leaver and just pull?
if your going to a scrappie to get one maybe you can remove the one from a clio there then if u f*ck up first time your car is fine

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
if your going to a scrappie to get one maybe you can remove the one from a clio there then if u f*ck up first time your car is fine

That's my plan. Just wondering if they were easy to remove. If it's anything like the one on a Vectra, it'll take about 2 minutes.

Never above 25mpg
There was a guy who replaced his own gearlever with one he machined. Worth doing a search for him and asking him.