ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing driver seat help! ASAP!

Hi guys, I'm finally trying to remove my drivers seat to fit the sport seats I bought a while ago, I've unscrewed the seats but I can't seem to disconnect one of the plugs underneath! Could someone give me some pointers please!

6fca64275cdf125756850ff593e00d9d.jpg

This red bit came off when trying to disconnect it?

Please help! :(

Right, I managed it after about 20 minutes of trial and error! But now I'm faced with another issue - I assumed that once I'd removed the connections I would be able to remove the seat but it seems as if someone has played with this seat before? Or do I just need to cut some wires? :S

9cbd6866550212c25ca8f7c82de2f163.jpg

The thick black cable goes toward the car while the rest of the wires go toward the seat?!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The red bit doesn't really matter so don't worry too much.

You need a very thin flat blade screwdriver to slide into the locking part of the clip and jam it in there. Once it's jammed in, pull (quite hard!) the two black bits. DO NOT pull the wires because they'll break before the clip comes apart.

Or just do what a lot of people do and cut it all out and solder the wires together.

The red bit doesn't really matter so don't worry too much.

You need a very thin flat blade screwdriver to slide into the locking part of the clip and jam it in there. Once it's jammed in, pull (quite hard!) the two black bits. DO NOT pull the wires because they'll break before the clip comes apart.

Or just do what a lot of people do and cut it all out and solder the wires together.
Thank you so much Daniel, I literally just managed to do it but thank you for the help - Any idea about my new issue? :L

Those cables have already been cut & joined by the looks of it.

You'll need to cut them to get the seat out & rejoin them once the seat is back in. Mark the cables up before you cut them though or you'll forget the order the need to be joined :)

Those cables have already been cut & joined by the looks of it
I thought so! The car only had one previous owner when I bought it and that was an old lady apparently!

I've just assessed the situation and it's not good for me! I'm going to have to cut the plug off of the current seat then cut the plugs from the sport seat, then solder the plug from the current seat to the sport seat! As they're different connections
Then I've got to sort out those wires that have already been played with!
Grr! I thought this would be plug and play!

Want me to pop round one night next week?
Genuienly, thank you for the offer but I'm going to leave it how it is - My intention with the car has always been to modify it with the intention of removing those modifications when I sell the car, this will just be more hassle than it's worth in my eyes :) But thank you very much for the offer, it is genuienly appreiciated :)