ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Redline?

172 Cup
Hey,
my car doesnt have a redline on the dial so was wondering if anyone could tell me where it should be? its a 1.2 8v (2002)
Also the rev limiter seems to be around 6k is that about standard? seems like quite a long way round!?

cheers!
Rob

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Actually as above is what i meant ;) haha, my old 1.2 used to get ragged all the way without the airbox on haha oh how we learn with age

monaco 172
Lol. Most I used to rev my old 1.2 was 4500 going any further was a bit pointless lol, it was faster to just change gear lol

Turbo LY R27
my old 1.2 and 1.4 16v got raped everyday when i was a lot younger! I always took them to 6k. They'll be fine ;)

172 Cup
i dont rev the tits of my car 24/7 tbh im just intrested as have no redline seems strange
but when im give it abit of stick she likes being shifted at 5.3k never goes above that