ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me a HID kit for Ph1 172

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thinking of going back to the above over halagens. I love the HID look and wanted to get that with standard bulbs but I don't think I can. I can't be doing with wasting money on bulbs trying to get that look. I know standard xenon is 4300k so I'd be after that or 5000k - what I had before. 9005/HB3

I've had a look on eBay and HID's direct and tbh I get confused on slim ballasts or thick, 35w or 55w. These so many sets but are they all the same? Ac or Dc? My last kit I had to swap the pins over.

Cheers, Mark.

PH2 RS172
35w is the norm. 55w will be way too bright trust me. if you want a decent kit go on ebay and search 'sun wolf'. these kits are great with auto slim ballasts and will do as good a job as hids direct but much cheaper.

be aware that your beam pattern will be all over the shop if its a standard headlight btw

172 Ph1
Can't remember what I run , but it's these .

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439458691.732291.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439458705.312955.jpg

PH2 RS172
the sun wolf ballasts are the same size as that but because theyre digital they dont need that black igniter box. theyre easier to stash away thus

SQ5
Me an a friend just bought some and they were crap, 55w 5000k.

They gave off barely any light and were more 6-7000k with hoe blue they were.

We went for 100w super whites which are perfect, tested cabling and cabling is fine to handle 100w. The link is in the old Bury meet thread.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Nathan :)

Ordered the same kit as I had before but with 4300k temperature bulbs. Just bought some new cree sidelights too. Keeping the orange indicators though.

I had those cree. Lasted about a week! I'm sure i paid 12 quid too! Bought dome osram led ones been fantastic.

I'm still using the ones you recommended to me when you done yours last, they don't flicker and are still good as the day I fitted them. Must be going on 18 months now, maybe longer.

Wired them up differently though. Cut the wires and put bullet plugged on so I could put the rubber bung in the right place and also easier to fit new parts if needed.

I've never see the sun wolf things on my girlfriends civic and same thing with those but didn't need to faff with the wiring. Almost a year with this kit without fault.

Both kits are 35w 6000k, they do look slightly blue as you look at them but the light they produce on the road ahead is a bright white. Both kits also under £20.

So even if they give up now £20 is not bad spent