ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me a Gaming Monitor

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
As the title says, I returned a Monitor today due to it being faulty and im not sure i want to get the same one, so after some ideas!

21"+ and a Budget of £200

Fire away!

Edit: This is the one I returned.. Clicky

Last edited:
  R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Me and my partner in crime on Cod ordered up Asus monitors, 2ms, decent spec and I don't think they were over £200..

If it's for ps4/Xbox you don't need anything over 60hz, and an Asus or benQ wouldn't be a bad buy.. If it's for a pc that can handle 120 or more then you'll have to troll out the specs more..

You need the ms response as low as possible, 1-2 seconds is where you wanna be.. Fast response monitor, hardwired machine = melting the opponents.

My tv in gaming mode was 12 or 20ms response and I would get bummed, the 1-2ms monitor makes that much difference it's like night and day..

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
8 ms

Hell no

Anything sub-12 ms, you'll be fine with. Beyond that you're getting into the territory like when people can see flickering fluorescent lights or not. Some can, some can't. Some can see the ghosting - others can't.

Put another way - I'd be looking at what other features and inputs monitors of that price range would have, than seeing if I could get one at 2ms response. Graphics card limitations and throughput will have far more repercussions with in-game performance than a monitor response drop of 6ms ever will.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
So I didnt have much choice in monitor... The Mrs went and bought me the same one I first bought without me knowing.. This one works at least, havnt had much time to test it out on different Games yet.. Just need to buy myself a new graphics card to make the most of it now