ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Re-spray'd pannel

1996 Valver
Hey

I’ve done loads of 'mechanical' work on cars before but not much 'bodywork'

I took on the rusted rear arches on my Valva and was quite pleased with the results.................until it came to spaying.
It is the correct paint code and looks quite good with no runs or orange peel. However even with a few coats of lacquer the panel is still dull, Should I put more lacquer on or are there any products I can use to bring some shine up, Polishes???

Thanks
(will post pics later)

106 GTi
If you have a good amount of laquer on - Best bet would be to wet sand, and then polish up with some body shop safe polishes. The Meguiars pro range would be a good one to look into.

1996 Valver
r-jay...I no I could count on you, Thanks mate

Will I get any results from a hand polish or do I need to PC it??

Also is it possible to 'over-laquer' a pannel if I were to try another coat or two first?

106 GTi
You can remove wet sanding marks by hand but its hard work.

It took a pc to sort this

IMG_6981.jpg

How many coats are on there now? as long as there built up in nice thin coats I can see now harm in this, It will give you plenty of clear to play with in wet sanding.

1996 Valver
three thin coats atm..Is that the cossie i saw on DW??didn't notice it was you, the finished results were amazing...........did you just polish it loads with a PC? (please say yes as it will give me the perfect excuse to buy one!!)

106 GTi
Yes same car mate, my username is Rich on there. Was already taken by the time I registered on here though.

3 or 4 passes with a 4 inch light cut spot pad and Poorboys SSR 2.5 polish and yes the PC ;)