ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RB182: K-Tec Coilovers

R26
Had them on quite a while but due to it being off the road a while (no MOT) aint had a chance to get any pictures taken til now :)

Taken on my mobile so nothing too flashy!

edit9-1.jpg

edit8-1.jpg

edit4.jpg

edit7-1.jpg

edit6-1.jpg

edit5.jpg

edit1.jpg

edit2.jpg

Oh and my mate always gets abit excited around my car...

edit3.jpg

Abarth 500 Esseesse
Looks good!

Jenic I hope you mean rubbing of the wheels in the arches...

I'd guess not by looking at it

The car I mean!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Any reason why you chose the KTR Coilovers over the others, mate? Purely on price?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Well, quite. I only ask because the coilovers and exhaust are going to be my first additions once I get another 182, and I don't really want to spend £600+ if I can help it. I did notice the KTR's were cheaper, too.

Does sit well, mind.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Well, quite. I only ask because the coilovers and exhaust are going to be my first additions once I get another 182, and I don't really want to spend £600+ if I can help it. I did notice the KTR's were cheaper, too.

Does sit well, mind.
K-tecs are ok but are too soft imo.

I think they are a perfect compromise between handling/comfort/price but if I was to purchase again I'd be leaning more towards handling and getting something else.

Clio 182 Cup
Looks sweet, didnt realise you were on here, where did you get your springs? i just need to save a bit more brass before i get mine...

R26
What wheels you gone for?

White Turbines :D

Marmite on here i know but i wanted some white ones for summer :)

Looks sweet, didnt realise you were on here, where did you get your springs? i just need to save a bit more brass before i get mine...

Didnt realise your were either til i saw your pictures yesterday!

Ive got Cup Fitment K-Tec Coilovers on mine at the moment dude, i bought Eibach Sportline Springs first but they didnt really sit as low as id hope.

The Coilovers were about £350 then i paid about £70 to get them setup by NWP.

What exhaust you got on yours, sounds well raspy yesterday!

Clio 182 Cup
Ah i was going to get them on mine on sat at NWP but they had ran out of stock... gutted. Exhausts a Milltek with silenced decat also got a BMC Airfilter, really pleased with it didnt want it to sound to loud/chavvy ha. Spent a fortune on service, cambelt, exhaust etc other day so had to put any mods on hold for the moment, runs like new now though!

R26
Yeah well when i gpt mine i was lucky as it was the last Cup ones ktec had in, they seem to sell well fast! Ai did sound real well, mines quite abit loader; Yozza with a Yozza decat, sounds well, slightly too loud but i can live with it :)

Yeah i got my major service done down there too, beats anywhere round here hands down haha!

We should get a few picks of them together if you fancy it.

Last edited:
  R26
Id say its either top wack ones such as KW's/AST's/H&R's or the cheaper KTec/Vmaxx, cant see the point of going for middle of the range personally...

Clio 182 Cup
I Considered a yozza but heard they were LOUD and i heard with a decat its mental ha! didnt want to risk it, wish i knew you had one though could have had a listen, defo need to get a fews pics sorted. Look forward to seeing yours on the white turbines ive been after some white turinis (baaaa baaaa) for a while now but no luck :dapprove:.

R26
I Considered a yozza but heard they were LOUD and i heard with a decat its mental ha! didnt want to risk it, wish i knew you had one though could have had a listen, defo need to get a fews pics sorted. Look forward to seeing yours on the white turbines ive been after some white turinis (baaaa baaaa) for a while now but no luck :dapprove:.

The standard system isnt overly loud but with a decat at certain points in the rev range you can feel actual blood dripping from your ears!
Yeah well i wouldve got Turinis but like you say everyones got them so i fancied something a little different, also 15" so cheaper tyres which can only be a good thing.
Just ordered some Xenons tonight, cant be doing with these orange lights anymore haha!
Yeah some pictures would be pretty cool, although im dacknel with a camera ...