ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattly sunroof

A few
Done a search on this and the the results were from ages ago so didnt really want to dig an old thread up.

Anyway, heres my question. I was detailing the car yesterday and opened the sunroof to clean around the edges and since I have noticed a rattly noise from the sunroof and it is really annoying.

From looking at similar threads in the search, I found that using a sponge is a good way to stop the rattling but im just wondering if theres any other solutions? Anyone fixed this rattling noise any other way?

Would a new seal solve the problem?

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I read somewhere on here ages ago you can do something to the handle itself to stop the rattling - can't mind what though :eek:

Renault Sport Clio 182
1. does this work on electric sunroofs?

2. where do i put the sponge?

3. can you still use the sunroof with the sponge in there, or will it fall out?

Vantage
sponge in-between the glass and were it sits mate...

the plastic frame on the top of the roof going around the glass can be sealed down using kitchen sealant.. this stops most of the rattle...!