ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattles!!!!!

Titanium Clio 182

Right call me picky but ive been listening out for rattles and vibrations inside my clios 182. Ive turned the vents off and started to drive. I can hear my passenger seat rattling (even though the dealer says it doesnt) when you have the buttons for the esp this makes a vibrating noise i think im going to have to put some padding around the inside of it. My Door used to squeek when going over bumps (Ths plastic panel which clips on the outer inner edge wasnt clipped on properly) and finally my wing mirrow whisltes at me all the time.

I still have the clunk noise when in low gears. But i think thi has been put down to the engine mount on this website, my car is due a service soon so ill let them all know. Well its got 13k on now, im a 1000 overdue for the service!!!

Iceberg 172

Yup, welcome to Renaults! Well, French cars actually!
Just come back to hot hatches after a Honda Prelude 2.2VTI, and that never rattled once!
I have the headlining out of the 172 at the mo having just cured the loudest rattle I could imagine coming from the b pillar support!

Got rid of my 106 GTI because I couldnt stand all the bits falling off!

Oh well!:cry:

Lots of Alfas

I wouldnt worry about them I dont think you can ever get rid of all the sqeaks and rattles. I have tried, although I have fixed my sunroof, the rear headrests rattle now along with the seatbelt pillar.

Mines driver side mirror area, Im not sure whether its the windscreen, side window or mirror thats making the noise but its bloddy ennoying!

Ne body got rid of it??

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

i get the wind in the mirror as well and no cure - total pisch

dealer said they took it off and refitted it - i didnt believe them tho!

LOL @ blue - didnt you go through your car pulling panels off and stuffing sponge in the gaps to kill the rattles?

"Navy" N17 TWO

^ i might do that if I still have rattles after the doors/bootlid is sound-deadened

I think Renault is French for "rattle" :p

Make sure the rear centre seat belt got to secure well to the top magnet if no one is using. That is very important!!!

For B-pillar seat belt, try to adjust the height of the front seat shoulder strap higher, so that no more hitting to the B-pillar when driving.

Peddled device

Reno had my car twice to do rattles.....under warranty!Found that the wiring in the doors was loose but havent cured the whistling o/s door mirror.....and now the clear panel over the dials has a funny squeaky noise:(

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

I have loads too......really bad one in the centre consol down by my left leg...i find a hard smack sorts it for about and hour ! LOL.....even the stereo wont drown this one out !!

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3

mine rattles everywhere as did my 172 its probably going to be the reason i get rid of it tbh. My sis in law has an ancient mk1 clio and it has absolutely no rattles whatsoever...... go figure