ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattle, well theres a surprise!

2005 182 cliosport
ive got this noise aswell, i took the parcel shelf out and put the windows up and its still faintly there, windows down its very noisy! sounds like its coming from the boot and the windows are making it louder! getting serverly anoying commuting down the m3 everyday!, its not constant just happens alot and becomes very noisy!

ive got this noise aswell, i took the parcel shelf out and put the windows up and its still faintly there, windows down its very noisy! sounds like its coming from the boot and the windows are making it louder! getting serverly anoying commuting down the m3 everyday!, its not constant just happens alot and becomes very noisy!

Just not a bloody clue what it is - nothing dangerous sounding, just irritating.

2005 182 cliosport
Just replaced both rear mounts and a new nut on the heat shield, even used epoxy resin on anything loose and nothing has changed! Close to burning the car , beat me now rattle

2005 182 cliosport
Right the cars in the garage had a call and apparently the rattle is coming from the rear quarter panel, which is rattling because of both rear wheel bearing being totally buggered, the deep noise while driving was indeed not my exhaust it was f&&&&d bearings ! The rattle should be gone later I will let you know.

Right the cars in the garage had a call and apparently the rattle is coming from the rear quarter panel, which is rattling because of both rear wheel bearing being totally buggered, the deep noise while driving was indeed not my exhaust it was f&&&&d bearings ! The rattle should be gone later I will let you know.

Be interesting if this solves it, jacked my car up and pulled at the wheels to see if got any play which is what I would expect from screwed bearings, was fine though for me.

172 and vw passat
Well I found out what the rattle was. My rear shock had popped. So i replaced it and rattle is gone.

Oooo, whats this!

th_5f8ed94f.jpg

FOUND IT!

It was loose, need to now find out what it is?

4493d313.jpg

a544df65.jpg

As it was loose and broken, I took it off, problem solved!

47d67326.jpg

5d982165.jpg