ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rally day 2018

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Hi guy's, I know that there are a few on here who love Motorsport and love rally car's in particular.

Anyone going or fancy going to this in September? I could get my car on the Type RA forum club stand but if I don't then I really fancy going as I'm sure that it will be a fantastic day, who doesn't love a popping and banging rally car?

http://rallyday.com/

@Dr Jekyll
@McGherkin
@Aaron..

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great, not sure I'm supposed to have been tagged though?
I can't make it as I'm photographing a wedding that day anyway. Have fun if you do end up going though.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Miki Biasion? I'm pretty sure that's @Daniel Cole.

1533730091412.png

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Looks great, not sure I'm supposed to have been tagged though?
I can't make it as I'm photographing a wedding that day anyway. Have fun if you do end up going though.
Sorry bud, I thought it was you who was into Rally car's.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
As a total rally nut, I am ashamed to say that I have never been to this. Keep telling myself I will, but something always comes out. Will do my best to go this year though!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
3 hours+ away from me[emoji852]️. They need to do this s**t a bit further north every so often. It's been a long time since I last went to one of these.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
As a total rally nut, I am ashamed to say that I have never been to this. Keep telling myself I will, but something always comes out. Will do my best to go this year though!
You should bud.

3 hours+ away from me[emoji852]️. They need to do this s**t a bit further north every so often. It's been a long time since I last went to one of these.
It's 2hrs from me, I did curborough and that was 3hrs from me.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several

I think precisely the opposite is true to be honest. Rallying is far too good at hiding in its heartlands. So many seem to want to stay hidden away in Wales, Scotland and the north of England. One of the good things about this event is that its further south. If anything, it needs to go further east. Rallying needs to put itself in front of people as much as possible.

You should bud.

Definitely want to make the effort this year!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I think precisely the opposite is true to be honest. Rallying is far too good at hiding in its heartlands. So many seem to want to stay hidden away in Wales, Scotland and the north of England. One of the good things about this event is that its further south. If anything, it needs to go further east. Rallying needs to put itself in front of people as much as possible.

Definitely want to make the effort this year!
Yep rallying has definitely stepped out of the lime light. Even with big factory teams involved it hasn't made it back to the good old days. I'll have a look at the dates and see if I can drag my lad away from his ps4 for a day!

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Yep rallying has definitely stepped out of the lime light. Even with big factory teams involved it hasn't made it back to the good old days. I'll have a look at the dates and see if I can drag my lad away from his ps4 for a day!

Yeah. It's just not very good at promoting itself sadly. At WRC level, the promoter really do need to step up their game. At a UK level, we seem to be hiding. I think we need to move with the times a bit, as a worrying number still seem to be stuck in the 70s or 80s still. There's not enough engagement online, most clubs have terrible websites, not enough social media presence etc etc etc. There is a lot to improve sadly.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Well I have entered so I am taking the Clio down to this. As I have been working flat out in work lately, I deserve a day out as I couldn't make it to CSF either.
Looking forward to taking the car out on track, and hopefully get some interest in it as I will get some For Sale stickers printed up for it too. Ive been saying it for long enough but I am actually going to put it up for sale.

406 V6, Race Buggy

There used to be one at Chatsworth until they started the renovations - I had a blast around the track there after the show, was great fun.

They've finished most of the work though now and it sounds like they're on with getting some shows back in there, so hopefully they'll bring it back

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
s**t. If I had known, I could have given you a ticket as I will probably have a spare (get 4 with the entry).
Havnt checked the weather yet but I am hoping to get from work a bit earlier to go down on friday evening and camp as its a good 3 hrs from here too.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
s**t. If I had known, I could have given you a ticket as I will probably have a spare (get 4 with the entry).
Havnt checked the weather yet but I am hoping to get from work a bit earlier to go down on friday evening and camp as its a good 3 hrs from here too.

Bugger ?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah. It's just not very good at promoting itself sadly. At WRC level, the promoter really do need to step up their game. At a UK level, we seem to be hiding. I think we need to move with the times a bit, as a worrying number still seem to be stuck in the 70s or 80s still. There's not enough engagement online, most clubs have terrible websites, not enough social media presence etc etc etc. There is a lot to improve sadly.
I've honestly no idea where (or if) there's any rallying in the south east. I know there's rallycross at Lydden Hill but that's about it

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I've honestly no idea where (or if) there's any rallying in the south east. I know there's rallycross at Lydden Hill but that's about it

Plenty goes on, but a lack of open venues is a huge issue. Most rallies in the south east are held on MoD land, so no spectators.

The MSN Circuit Rally Championship visits Brands Hatch in January and Snetterton in February, but I don't think we are using that as a promotional tool as much as we could be.

The UK's first closed road tarmac rally since a change in legislation took place in Essex in April, which was a huge step in the right direction.

A big part of the problem is that we are very good at preaching to the converted, but terrible at promoting ourselves to the outside world.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Plenty goes on, but a lack of open venues is a huge issue. Most rallies in the south east are held on MoD land, so no spectators.

The MSN Circuit Rally Championship visits Brands Hatch in January and Snetterton in February, but I don't think we are using that as a promotional tool as much as we could be.

The UK's first closed road tarmac rally since a change in legislation took place in Essex in April, which was a huge step in the right direction.

A big part of the problem is that we are very good at preaching to the converted, but terrible at promoting ourselves to the outside world.
Where in Essex was that?!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I get free tickets to this every year, still never been! (I give them to my staff instead)

Was it a good day?

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
It was wet lol.

My first time there but a few people I spoke to said that it was quieter than usual. No surprise given the weather though.

I will definitely go again. Some really stunning cars there.

Will try and put some pictures up in the next couple of days.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Nice to meet you on saturday @massivewangers , glad you enjoyed your passenger ride. The videos havnt come out too great but may be able to adjust the light settings when I upload them properly. Have to say, they were some of the wettest conditions that I have ever driven quickly on.
Some pics of the Clio from saturday.
0244.JPG
0304.JPG
0394.JPG
0397.JPG
0598.JPG
0642-1.JPG
0643.JPG
0658.JPG