ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue ph1 ITB : 2010 track season updates

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Re: PH1 172 Track Car, abit special *ITB update*

LOL aye was a good day mate, its deff. the diff which has gone.

Gave up after bazzon tried to take a porsche GT3RS after the hairpin LOL too much throttle, too much turn.

oh well hopefully sorted by the end of the week :)

you got msn mate? if so add me b_b_w_s@hotmail.com

carl

would not have happened if he let me passed.

Cars that are quick in a straight line FTL on track days :(

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

would not have happened if he let me passed.

Cars that are quick in a straight line FTL on track days :(

exactly =/ chasing 100k cars down straights ftl!

Clio 220 lpg

yep, apparently a fix is by fitting a plate to help but not 100% on details. Just what the guy who does my boxes has said.

carl
On our old R11 rally car, that had the old clio 16v gearbox in and before we put an lsd in we made up a plate that fixed with 6 studs and had a fospra bronze bearing in place of the clip. It meant alot of work and if you have to do that much work and have a spare £600 I would put a lsd in.
Lsd,s were hard to get 10 yrs ago:dapprove:

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

On our old R11 rally car, that had the old clio 16v gearbox in and before we put an lsd in we made up a plate that fixed with 6 studs and had a fospra bronze bearing in place of the clip. It meant alot of work and if you have to do that much work and have a spare £600 I would put a lsd in.
Lsd,s were hard to get 10 yrs ago:dapprove:

yep thats what he said you can do.

going to see how much a gripper LSD would cost

carl

alien green rs133

do a propper job and put a sadav seq box and lsd in :D

stop pissing around with the soft rs box

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Bazzon has given me permission to post this pic lol!

Story is Bazzon was following a Porsche GT3RS for 3 laps passing other cars etc, the problem was the Porsche would floor it on the straights not letting him past. While Bazzon was nearly shunting the 100k supercar through the corners. So he tried to pass it on the inside at the sharpest hairpin in the country, without traction he floored it = bye bye diff

fail.jpg

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

LOL bazzon is a good driver, it was a red mist moment after following the Porsche for 3 laps :p

Hey atleast he stayed on the track burp ;-)

Carl

172 Race Car

Meh, you boys got ABS tho, looks like you need traction control too. ;)

Im joking by the way before you go crying again :rasp:

I went down yesterday to see the ph1 in action, but by the time i got there id been told use had gone off :( so didnt get to see it bad times, some nice cars there tho

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

I went down yesterday to see the ph1 in action, but by the time i got there id been told use had gone off :( so didnt get to see it bad times, some nice cars there tho

aye only got to like 2.30 before he broke it LOL had a good morning session though :)

lol jacko's video
[YOUTUBE]M8g-EEoDJ0Q[/YOUTUBE]

106 rallye

Mint biuld thread

Car looked very nice on track at croft.

If I have any video once I check the tape I ll post it up.

Crossie

LSD is worth it!

Clio 220 lpg

Bazzon has given me permission to post this pic lol!

Story is Bazzon was following a Porsche GT3RS for 3 laps passing other cars etc, the problem was the Porsche would floor it on the straights not letting him past. While Bazzon was nearly shunting the 100k supercar through the corners. So he tried to pass it on the inside at the sharpest hairpin in the country, without traction he floored it = bye bye diff

fail.jpg
I thought you boys did track days cos it was cheap :dead:

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Mint biuld thread

Car looked very nice on track at croft.

If I have any video once I check the tape I ll post it up.

Crossie

LSD is worth it!

thanks mate :)

which car were you in?

carl

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

Sorry to be really stupid and to interupt the thread but how did you destroy the diff? I thought the point of them was so you could floor it more? what causes them to go BANG?

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

look what has turned up today :)

DSC08420.jpg

DSC08425.jpg

carl

172 cup & 182

Fitted my Quaife a month ago, lot's of money but worth it, I can now put the power down through and out of the corners + it's guaranteed for life.

Ph2 Clio 172

Bazzon - apologies if it's been asked before, or mentioned - but did you have to turrett the rears to fit rear coilovers?

Thanks in advance

alien green rs133

no ast's fit on standard setup. spring goes no higher than inside of 15" rim, god desing tbh

hissingsid runs a coilover on rear without turret also leda's iirc

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

Well it was our first time at Cadwell today.....what a circuit.

After i destroyed the Diff at croft the other week we decided to purchase a Quaife LSD, after a bit of a rush the car was all back together late last night.

Carl and Jacko drove the track car down to Cadwell early this morning whilst i drove up from Coventry (A46 WORST ROAD in the UK :dapprove:)

We met at Cadwell and did the usual briefings ect. Some how the Car only make 93DB today whereas last week it made 101DB.

Morning sessions went well, car was running nice after a few laps and a bit of practise with the LSD we were putting in some decent laps.

It pissed down over lunch.

After lunch the track took about 1 hour to dry, it was really slippy through, Hall bends and Barn due to the trees.

Ones it dried out again it was really good fun. :D We are still suffering from a bit to much understeer, so think some softer front spings may be on the cards.

Some photos will sort the rest tomorrow.

3614059243_54aee9e93c_b.jpg

3614886358_df4ea72218_b.jpg

3614044817_582783c1b5_b.jpg

3614028377_ea3d647809_b.jpg

3614024831_84f0edc616_b.jpg

3614021539_5076a57e40_b.jpg

3614018225_e764b819ee_b.jpg

3614015305_dffbf978ac_b.jpg

3614883232_41a9825c9c_b.jpg

3614880518_433a3b8842_b.jpg

Thanks /Adrian

ITB'd 182...

Looking good!

Whats up with the camber though?

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Looking good!

Whats up with the camber though?

hard cornering lol!

not sure tbh, alot of the cars looked the same on the photos.

think ill sack the camber bolts and go for some adjustable top mounts

carl

ITB'd 182...

hard cornering lol!

not sure tbh, alot of the cars looked the same on the photos.

think ill sack the camber bolts and go for some adjustable top mounts

carl

Ah, kk

Must of been hard! Looks like positive camber!! :S

Solid top mounts FTW!

ITB'd 182...

Not susprised tbh!

Looks odd to say the least lol

Lionel Richie

erm you know you said 2.3 neg? they've set 2.3positive there!!!!

ValverInBits

looks like a bit of a dynamic chamber issue! I noticed someone in your other thread suggested checking wishbone bushes. Powerflex bushes there would be a great place to start if not already done so.
Also, if it's a bit understeery, why not experiement by adding a little strength to the rear torsion beam. I'm gonna have a play with that on the MK1 and see what happens. Everyone I know who's gone for a thicker rear ARB has had great results. The cars are setup to understeer from the factory as it's safer.

edit: the car looks stunning btw

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

looks like a bit of a dynamic chamber issue! I noticed someone in your other thread suggested checking wishbone bushes. Powerflex bushes there would be a great place to start if not already done so.
Also, if it's a bit understeery, why not experiement by adding a little strength to the rear torsion beam. I'm gonna have a play with that on the MK1 and see what happens. Everyone I know who's gone for a thicker rear ARB has had great results. The cars are setup to understeer from the factory as it's safer.

edit: the car looks stunning btw

Ok cool :) have been looking at a adjustable rear arb, you think it would be better to stiffen the rear more (450lb front, 750lb rear) or soften the front? Both would give the desired effect I think but not too sure about pros/cons for either

Thanks
Carl

Ok cool :) have been looking at a adjustable rear arb, you think it would be better to stiffen the rear more (450lb front, 750lb rear) or soften the front? Both would give the desired effect I think but not too sure about pros/cons for either

Thanks
Carl
Soften the front first mate and have a good look at the top shocker mounts andy has a set on Solid top mounts not adjustable but very good they only did one track day and 500 miles ;)

Ph2 Clio 172

Car is looking phenominal mate, really looks hard out there on track!

Cadwell is an awesome circuit isn't it!

How much was the diff, and where from? Plate or ATB?

*added - just noticed on the pics, its a Quaife, so can only assume its a geared ATB?*

130i, 306 hdi, vrs

Whats going on with the camber ? no wonder you had understeer with that much positive camber you need that set to neg camber ! imo

Car looks cool anyway

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

Whats going on with the camber ? no wonder you had understeer with that much positive camber you need that set to neg camber ! imo

Car looks cool anyway

Maybe read the comments. or the other thread in media.

The car is running 2.3 Negative camber. But for some reason, when hard cornering we have a little problem.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Replaced the comp solid mounts with AST solid mounts and got rid of the camber bolts and replaced with fixed bolts so shouldnt alter during hard cornering. Instead the AST mounts provide the camber. Will get the suspension fully setup soon.

RenaultClioPH1-ASTmounts12-06-091.jpg

carl

RS Clio 172 Phase 2

Mint project guys.

Just a thought hope its not a n00b one, if the camber iss statically showing 2.3 deg neg but then shifting under hard cornering would it not be a castor issue?

Im sure the shop will have a look and hopefully find the issue.

Keep it up lads