ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

r27 question

BMW 330D
Before anyone kicks off i have searched for the answer i promise, i just want to know if the r27 has more torque low down like the 200's ?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
No it has slightly less- The updated 200 gets through the early revs quicker & has more torque-

Driving an R27 home tonight & it is deffo slightly slower than the 200-

steve

LY R27
Fit a ported TB and all is well and you have the better looking of the two phases! :)

EDIT: (For a lot less)

BMW 330D
No it has slightly less- The updated 200 gets through the early revs quicker & has more torque-

Driving an R27 home tonight & it is deffo slightly slower than the 200-

steve

Whats it like in comparison with the 172 for torque low down? I can see i am in danger of opening a can of worms here with the whats faster debate. The reason i ask is the 172 feels a little bit sluggish low down in the revs and you dont get many roads where you can cane it through the gears and when i do i have the fact its an 8 year old french car in the back of my mind lol

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
My flamer is faster than the R27- ( just)
All it has a prospeed exhaust, lightweight recaros & all the rear stripped out-

A 172 is easier to drive fast- unlike the R27/197 cup- You need to be in the higher rev band to get feel the torque of the 197-
catch a 197 in the wrong gear- say 2k revs in third & you will be very slow on pick up...

saying that the 197 is brilliant to slaughter around- it always wants to be revved & driven-!

Any info you want on an r27 give me a shout

S

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Yeah, these aren't the quickest things around going up through the gears... But keep them above 3.5k and you're laughing.

Ive noticed that I find myself pausing and wondering of I'm pressing the accelerator (foot is on the floor) when going up through the gears quickly... It's rev rev, sluggish sluggish, oh here we go lol

Even overtaking in 6th is fairly effortless :approve:

BMW 330D
My flamer is faster than the R27- ( just)
All it has a prospeed exhaust, lightweight recaros & all the rear stripped out-

A 172 is easier to drive fast- unlike the R27/197 cup- You need to be in the higher rev band to get feel the torque of the 197-
catch a 197 in the wrong gear- say 2k revs in third & you will be very slow on pick up...

saying that the 197 is brilliant to slaughter around- it always wants to be revved & driven-!

Any info you want on an r27 give me a shout

S

Cheers mate, how are the 200's in comparison?

Yeah, these aren't the quickest things around going up through the gears... But keep them above 3.5k and you're laughing.

Ive noticed that I find myself pausing and wondering of I'm pressing the accelerator (foot is on the floor) when going up through the gears quickly... It's rev rev, sluggish sluggish, oh here we go lol

Even overtaking in 6th is fairly effortless :approve:

Do they feel a lot more solid than 1*2?

BMW 330D
yeah cheers mate that would be good, I'm really happy with my 172 tbf But I'm always looking at whats next lol

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Personally, I didn't get on with the 197/R27, although I do love the look of the R27's.

The 200 drives better in every single way, and in the right spec looks superb.

That said, 197's are getting very cheap now!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
A 172 is easier to drive fast- unlike the R27/197 cup- You need to be in the higher rev band to get feel the torque of the 197- catch a 197 in the wrong gear- say 2k revs in third & you will be very slow on pick up...

I'd agree with all of that, the 197 is great once you're above 5k, but below that, it can feel VERY flat compared to the 1*2.

Once you're above that 5k however, its a joy to keep it there, with the 'box having almost perfectly spaced ratios to keep it on the boil.

Unfortunately, the mpg is worse than an M3 lol.