ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick wax

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
well after giving the car a major detail i have decided i dont want to be applying wax every 2 weeks or so just to maintain that glossy beading look.

im after a quick detail/ wax that is easy to use and that will be ok to use after every wash.

the wax iv put down is chemical guys xxx wax, my car is a 2005 silver dynamique. and im not sure on price range as i have no idea what these would cost!

CLIO Iceberg 172
chemical guys speed wipe, i use it between washes it maintains and tops up the wax, wax lasts about 8 - 10 weeks with it kept topped up, thats for me anyway

Have a look a in the Quick protection spray thread some suggestions in thier.

Last edited:
  Golf GT & A4 Avant
gtechniq C2 used neat on 1st application, then can be diluted 5% / 10% as a sealer quick dealer between washes.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
i enjoy applying wax every month or so, so i dont realy want to opt for any of this sealent stuff. id rather carry on applying my wax and then use some sort of spray wax / quick detailer with wax in it to top up.

Megane R26
What colour is your car? For lighter colours, I'd use Z8. On darker colours, I prefer Optimum Car Wax II

Both of these products, you spray on, spread with a MF, then buff. 5-10 mins per car, and great protection :)

Bumder With A Buffer
Z8 on a silver car = :)

IMAG0019.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

Ph 1 172
Just used poorboys natty paste wax on my titanium clio was fantastic shine and sparkle it gave would well recommended it

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Clearkote Quikshine
£8.95 from CleanYourCar

Cracking results - one of my favourite products, goes on really easy and buffs to a shine instantly for a 'finger print free finish'
Maintains a well prepped and detailed car.
Beading continues for weeks and weeks.

Bumder With A Buffer
Is it just me or do the doors look a slightly different shade of silver? Must be the photo

nope, my thoughts too :eek:

oh z8, v7, Gloss It or Red Mist :approve:

Must be my pc but I thought it was like a light purply/blue :eek:

All silver EVO's are like that. It's the front wings that are slightly different.

Unsure why

Edit found the answer...

Its all EVO's..

"got nothing to do with the material the wings are made of..the reason they look off colour is the paint contains mica and aluminium which reflects and refracts light. you will notice the wings are at a different angle to the doors giving the illusion of being off colour, but infact its just a change in the angle that the light is being reflected/refracted. you will also get the same affect if you look at the rear of the vehicle square on. the rear wings where they meet the boot lid will appear darker..

mitsubishi-lancer-evo-viii-fq400-2005-6.jpg

Evo_8_FQ400.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Flol! It's got nothing to do with the type of paint. It's the exact same with straight Silvers.

Angles can be a twunt when colour checking.

Bumder With A Buffer
I didn't read that as the type of paint used.

Meh.

Was more taking note of the angles, although shirley certain elements contained in the paint will have a greater effect on the amount of refraction etc one would assume??

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah but mica isn't used in the paint. It's all about angles. My friends Ibiza looks 3 different colours because the door is flat and the front and rear wings kick out to make it appear a different colour. It's just a simple Silver.

Same point though just nothing really to do with the type of paint.