ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick Excel Help?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Just a quick one...I've emailed myself a worksheet that I password protected from my work PC, trying to open it on my laptop but it won't start up with the normal password box.

Any ideas?!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I know the password! Just doesn't give me the option to put it in!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Could be one of many things. Are you allowed to open work documents on personal PCs? If so then call your IT guy.

Could be code running to check things on open, try holding shift when opening the file.

Could be code not running when it's meant to, check your security settings.

Could also technically be incompatible with your version of Excel depending on how it's saved at work.

Reactions: Pep

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Most likely to be a compatibility problem. I'm guessing you're using a different version of Excel at home?

Try checking for any updates, these usually include everything that's needed to resolve issues like this. You may need to manually download them depending on the versions being used.

Reactions: Pep

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Have you downloaded it to your local drive or opening it via browser/outlook?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
If you want - forward it to me and I'll see if the password box appears?

I'm happy to save it in a different format if you send me the password - assuming it's not too confidential?

I'm away for the weekend now and back at work Monday so shouldn't matter now, but thanks for the offer mate