ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

quick detailer

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Hi,

Im looking for some speed detailer/quick detailer etc.
What do yous recommend?

thanks

RB Clio 182
Nothing wrong with demon shine from adsa £4, I have used loads and its not any worse, tbh I cant tell much difference between any of the qd's.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
A QD is such a varying product and has quite a few roles, what do you want or intend to use it for? Quick touch up after a routine wash, extra gloss or protection top up? Water spot remover, clay lube or drying aid etc.

Some of the few I've tried and would buy a 2nd time
Autofinesse finale
Prima slick
Zaino z6
Meguiars ultimate quik wax, ultimate quick detailer
Chemical guys speed wipe, synthetic, hybrid v7
Sonax brilliant shine detailer, turbo detailer
Britemax spray and shine

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
A QD is such a varying product and has quite a few roles, what do you want or intend to use it for? Quick touch up after a routine wash, extra gloss or protection top up? Water spot remover, clay lube or drying aid etc.

Some of the few I've tried and would buy a 2nd time
Autofinesse finale
Prima slick
Zaino z6
Meguiars ultimate quik wax, ultimate quick detailer
Chemical guys speed wipe, synthetic, hybrid v7
Sonax brilliant shine detailer, turbo detailer
Britemax spray and shine

I was at a photo shoot with loads of other clios and everybody and there granny was doing waterless wash and it looked pretty good ( obv been detailed the same day) so just something i can give it a quick once over. not looking for something i can wash my full car with if you get me

Golf GT & A4 Avant
So a waterless wash/ touch up at shows for a little extra gloss?

Meguiars ultimate quick detailer
meguiars ultimate wash and wax
powermaxed quick detailer
chemical guys synthetic

If your looking for thenjust waxed look after a routine wash most are suitable, so which ever brand you favour

Not a 320d
Ive not tried the Turbo s**t from Sonax but i read its a massive improvement over Brilliant Shine Detailer, Ill be trying the turbo s**t this weekend hopefully. BSD is great and has some of the most amazing beading Ive ever seen along with excellent durability (maintains tight beading even after about 6 washes even on lower panels), but there's some annoying issues with application. Never had a QD, wax or sealant like it, but its more of a spray sealant than a QD. If youre after something to maintain gloss and beading after a wash then consider the turbo s**t or BSD, or even if youre just after a stand alone product thats quick and cheap to use. A lot of QD's look good but are actually f**king s**t and retract much of the water and dirt repellent qualities of a sealant or wax which in my opinion defeats the purpose of applying a wax in the first place. Z8 is another all time great to consider but I would take BSD/Turbo s**t over it any day. Theres also the carnuba based Sonus QD which is amazing, but will mask beading of whats underneath.

I just read youre after waterless wash. look into ONR, optimum no rinse, but avoid using it in winter and if the car is anything but dusty. You can run over the car with a QD after, Z8 or Carnuba Spritz would suit your needs as they are easy to apply and look great.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Ive not tried the Turbo s**t from Sonax but i read its a massive improvement over Brilliant Shine Detailer, Ill be trying the turbo s**t this weekend hopefully. BSD is great and has some of the most amazing beading Ive ever seen along with excellent durability (maintains tight beading even after about 6 washes even on lower panels), but there's some annoying issues with application. Never had a QD, wax or sealant like it, but its more of a spray sealant than a QD. If youre after something to maintain gloss and beading after a wash then consider the turbo s**t or BSD, or even if youre just after a stand alone product thats quick and cheap to use. A lot of QD's look good but are actually f**king s**t and retract much of the water and dirt repellent qualities of a sealant or wax which in my opinion defeats the purpose of applying a wax in the first place. Z8 is another all time great to consider but I would take BSD/Turbo s**t over it any day. Theres also the carnuba based Sonus QD which is amazing, but will mask beading of whats underneath.

I just read youre after waterless wash. look into ONR, optimum no rinse, but avoid using it in winter and if the car is anything but dusty. You can run over the car with a QD after, Z8 or Carnuba Spritz would suit your needs as they are easy to apply and look great.
There's no difference in the sonax QD's apart from the smell

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Bouncers D&D is very good. The crap spray head lets it down

ADS car care banana shake or fruit twist are both very good

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lot of good QDs out there. Done and dusted is a great one in fairness and very easy to use whilst smelling great.

The list is long and distinguished.

Megane 250
I polished and waxed my car last weekend, looked great, give it a routine snow foam, wash and dry yesterday, then meguairs quick detailer after to get any water spots etc I may have missed.

Is there a better QD to enhance the gloss? It looked just as good yesterday as it did when I waxed last week, but I know after 2/3 weeks it'll lose the shine.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Not really after 2-3 weeks unless you use a top up type quick detailer like auto finesse glisten, meguiars ultimate quik wax or zaino z8.

Just use a general QD after each wash and it'll be fine as I'd imagine most will wash there cars at leaset once a month

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Meguiars ultimate quick detailer is my personal favourite.
Bouncers done and dusted is also good for non black cars, smells like tropical drink.
Dodo Red mist is pretty poor.
Never knew you could use demon shine as quick detailer. I bought a load of 5L containers of it when it was cheap in a supermarket - they have the hose attachment and I sometimes use it after washing. It is amazing stuff and is great as a drying aid as water just sheets off after when you rinse with a hose. Not sure what it actually does with existing wax on the car, if its good or bad.