ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick cambelt question

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
Just looking through my receipts, says the cambelt was done at 54k in 2008 the car is now on 83k.

When should I get it done again?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You should go to PC world and tell them your search button is broke.

The cambelt kit is due every 5 yrs or 72,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Changes to often
yup its due, it would be worth getting the dephaser pully replaced to at the same time.

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
Thanks!

Also would it be advisable to get the cambelt done at ktec as I'm gonna be going there for work at that of the new year, so kill two birds with one stone or just go down the road to rentech?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
k-teck recommend having them changed with a cambelt, or over 70k

nothing worse than have the cambelt done then have the dephaser fail 6 month down the line

I think you're confused with what i'm saying...

The OP had his belt changed in 2008 at 54,00 miles. The cambelt interval is 72,000 miles or 5 years whichever is soonest.

So 5 years/72k on top of 2008/54,000 miles is 126,000 miles or 2013.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
I think you're confused with what i'm saying...

The OP had his belt changed in 2008 at 54,00 miles. The cambelt interval is 72,000 miles or 5 years whichever is soonest.

So 5 years/72k on top of 2008/54,000 miles is 126,000 miles or 2013.

the op doesnt state when in 2008 it was changed, could of been january, so could be 5 years in circa 4 months.
the cambelt snapped on my ph1 after 4 years and 10 months, it had done 30k in that time. actually it was more the failure of the aux pulley that caused the belt to snap, bet either way there is no way i would wait 5 years to change the belt on one of these cars again.
if i was the op i would get it changed now.
if it fails you will regret it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
the op doesnt state when in 2008 it was changed, could of been january, so could be 5 years in circa 4 months.
the cambelt snapped on my ph1 after 4 years and 10 months, it had done 30k in that time. actually it was more the failure of the aux pulley that caused the belt to snap, bet either way there is no way i would wait 5 years to change the belt on one of these cars again.
if i was the op i would get it changed now.
if it fails you will regret it.

Are people deliberately trying to f**k me off today?!

I said it was due in 2013. You even quoted me. So why have you tried to correct me by telling me it could be due in January 2013? I've already stated that it would be due in 2013 and purposely never mentioned which month because I wasn't given that information.

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
Cant remember what month it was done but ill try and it done in Jan

Nwp?

Nothing special. Just exhaust, decat, induction kit, remap, fitting suspension n arb and maybe nothing bits that needs doing

53 Clio's & counting
NorthWest Performance - a garage with not a greeat reputation.

Ktec have mixed reactions on here, Im not going to start an arguement so just do some research on whatever place you choose, use the search function and see what you can find

53 Clio's & counting
As Dan has said, where you are Rentech are not far and are very good - but please search, see the reviews - don't want to seem biased...

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
I'll use rentech again, for fitting everything aswel, remap? Wheres best place to get done in the south but also willing to travel

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Are people deliberately trying to f**k me off today?!

I said it was due in 2013. You even quoted me. So why have you tried to correct me by telling me it could be due in January 2013? I've already stated that it would be due in 2013 and purposely never mentioned which month because I wasn't given that information.

Lol! Chill out mate yeah