ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Question 4 Fred Or edde?

Focus ST170
Hiya guys,

quick question on a 53 plate 172cup when you take off the rocker cover to change the gasket do you need something to stop the cams rolling over? as i think its a singlr rail that holds the cams down (cheapest way= Renault) or if im wrong then some advice please??
Thanks alot

John :)

Lionel Richie
BIG BIG JOB!!!!

cambelt off, pullies off, rocker cover off, its a good 7hour job

its doesn't have a gasket, its a silicone type seal

if the leak is only small i'd leave it

Focus ST170
Not too sure i thought that too fmp , but was told when you take the rocker cover off the cam is held with rail which uses the same bolts so if those bolts arent there, there is a chance the cams could roll i just wanted to check before doing anything.. better safe than..u know?

Lionel Richie
the rocker cover holds the cams inplace, once you remove the rocker cover the cams simply lift out

Focus ST170
Fred - im not attempting it myself and yes i would rather leave it but the leak is bad enough to be getting into the spark plugs and causeing them to corrode..

Focus ST170
Fred - in your opinion should this be going back to reno with a request for it to be done under warrenty? ive had nothing but trouble from them as is got so sick of it have taken it to a garage to be sorted..

Have extended warrenty till 2009

Last edited:
  Focus ST170
No i know but i'll see what they say when a plonk the keys down on the counter and tell them my direct debit is cancelled as of this minit untill they do fix it..I've had it up to here with them at the mo'
thanks for the help everyone..