ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Q: ph1 silver dasch trim

honda crx
hey, anyone can tell me if i can to remove silver colored surrounding of stereo?

i need to take to hydrographic but it looks like gona be hard :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 134

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
As Cat says, you cannot. Which is a ball ache because it gets a bit manky over time.

Best bet is to remove the dash and paint the bastardised thing whilst it’s out!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
you can........but its plastic welded into the dash so its a b*****d of a job to do neat enough to refit it

Quick bump,

The top of mine had got dirty after I'd had the AC sorted out, I couldn't clean it off and it annoyed me. I've 'de smegged it' by taking the coating off all round & it looks nice, apart from the bit above the vents :(

What have you guys done to sort it ? Have any of you successfully repainted the silver part ? How hard is it to get that part of the dash out ?
I want to restore it so it looks like new.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Quick bump,

The top of mine had got dirty after I'd had the AC sorted out, I couldn't clean it off and it annoyed me. I've 'de smegged it' by taking the coating off all round & it looks nice, apart from the bit above the vents :(

What have you guys done to sort it ? Have any of you successfully repainted the silver part ? How hard is it to get that part of the dash out ?
I want to restore it so it looks like new.
Got any pics?

I'd consider using some solvent to get all the sticky off and just be left with silver, before you go mental and try to remove it all.

Got any pics?

I'd consider using some solvent to get all the sticky off and just be left with silver, before you go mental and try to remove it all.
Nah, but I can get some later.

I took all of the coating off just leaving the silver paint, which looks ok.. apart from the silver above the vents. I can't work out of it's deep 'smeg' or if the paint's worn away, I suspect the latter :(

Here @Rob
Got a couple of pics, it looks much better in real life than it does here. It's just the top bit above the vents that's rubbish :(

(yes that is the original tape deck lol!!)

Last edited: