ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

'Protecting' a PC from viruses, spyware, adware etc.

As above, what free programmes do people use to prevent and cure the above?

My girlfriend recently had a problem with a number of the above. All has now been sorted but I wanted to get some software for prevention preferably and something for if something slips through the net.

Cheers chaps.

Clio 172
I literally just use Microsoft Security Essentials, with Malware Bytes doing the odd scan.

Never had a problem, and I don't even notice they are running

Never above 25mpg
On my old laptop I had AVG licensed copy which did very good.

Have nothing on the macbook though

Fiesta ST
But tbh, you don't need anything really if you have common sense/a little bit of knowledge.

This used to be the case - however these days the amount of legit websites that get hacked and carry payloads and flaws with Java, Flash etc that don't get fixed fast enough you do need some protection. It's also worrying how much anti-virus products do let through though.

This used to be the case - however these days the amount of legit websites that get hacked and carry payloads and flaws with Java, Flash etc that don't get fixed fast enough you do need some protection. It's also worrying how much anti-virus products do let through though.

But like I said, if you have a bit of knowledge/common sense, you won't let "random" java apps runs, and who uses Flash these days? ;)

Swings & Roundabouts.

AVG used to be good in the day but has gone down hill, would never install it again. I just use MSE and have the real time protection turned off