ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project: Chav

Rb 182
Not again. I sold the flamer back to Djw John after owning it for 2 full years, the longest i've owned a car. I Sold up as the little ones car seat didn't fit in and i wasn't really using it for the last 6 months i had it, i also wanted to change scenes after being into clios for 8 years.

But after a run out in the Flamer and a few plays in awesome stus awesome 72 i had to get another. It had to be cheap and that was about it.

So here she is, project chav. Horrid chrome wheels, shocking lowering springs, countless dents, shoddy interior, 4 fault codes, no service history, that exhaust and some shocking nocking from the front end.

DSC00234.jpg

DSC00236.jpg

DSC00235.jpg

Plans: going to compression test it and see how healthy it is, get it running and go down the fast road/track day route i did with my converted mk1 Ph3. If its i cant get it running healthy i'll break it.

Thanks to John who drove it back from Dundee for me and thanks to Stu who found the ad, dealt with the boy and came up to help collect it on the day too.

Be nice! :quiet:

Rb 182
It not that bad, its pretty bad though. underneaths ok, it's had a hard life though.

My mum wants the chromes for her Micra lol

Rb 182
Looks a beauty ;)

I don't think the wheels look that bad :/

/flamesuit

Sometimes i kinda like the wheels. But they have got to go, i'll keep the tyres as spares for my Mk4 golf and either ebay the wheels or take them to Daltons.

Seen a lot worse tbh :)

I've taxed alot worse tbh sanders.

Shed ;)

I'm sure you'll save it though mate.

Thanks mate, i'll either save it or kill it.

base for something great! ..if its healthy definitely track it

if the price was right, then bargain, good luck fella, love these models of clio, best shape ever made :)

Cheers guys, it was a decent enough price, if it's healthy i'll proabaly end up rolling it at knockhill.

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
If i'm being honest I don't think that looks that bad at all, apart from the steering wheel + fart cannon

Rb 182
I hope it was cheap!

Not too bad though in fairness!

Cheap enough.

A genuine 'lol' at the steering wheel. its excellent.

Yeah the wheel is lol worthy, but its a better size than standard.

Brilliant wee car ;) Defo a bargain at 1750! :eek: :)

Yeah i though 1750 wasn't too bad. But people will obv say its too dear etc etc.

If i'm being honest I don't think that looks that bad at all, apart from the steering wheel + fart cannon

The pics make it look better than it really is. Fart cannons quailty gold man, innit.

Dave you need to get pics up of the door badges! ha

Ahhhh the 1 off door badges. brb.

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
I went to look at this buddy, couldn't justify the work that i felt was needing done. How much did you get it for if you don't mind me asking?

Rb 182
Managed to get a few hours poking on the chav. Started by changing the front wheels over for my turbines from my Mk2 golf, and checking for the front suspension knock. Found slight play and a split in the d/side bottom ball joint and play in both rack ends so they will be getting changed soon.

On closer inspection we found some really bad cracking/buldging on the inside of the tyre, john did mention this when we looked at it but i thought he meant the tiny crack in the outside side wall. Not these shockers on the inside!

DSC00243.jpg

DSC00244.jpg

Sorry for trying to kill you. x

Back onto the checks. I said from the start that if it's healthy i'd track/fast road it, if it was a lemon i'd strip it and weigh in the shell. A check with the compression tester showed that cylinder 1-4 were all constant at 11bar/160ps so very happy with that, a further check also showed that one of the 4 fault codes was for the idle control valve. This not being plugged in had somthing to do with it, the previous owner had trapped it under the inlet when changing the plugs recently. With that plugged in its deleted that code off the reader. Knock sensor and O2 sensor being the other codes. I also removed a broken stud from the inlet, new bolt required there.

DSC00239.jpg

Few other issues that we've found are a missing fue box lid.

DSC00240.jpg

Note the gaffer tape fix (not our handywork it must be said)

and a broken mount on the cage for the ecu, which was quickly bodged back together with cable ties found in the car.

DSC00241.jpg

DSC00242.jpg

It'll stop it rattling around till we can fix it properly.

Also as stu has mention its got some pretty special door strips, with the original holes smoothed off and some ph2 badges glued on, really not sure why they didn' just swap for the full ph2 set up??

DSC00248.jpg

DSC00247.jpg

Last thing done today was to remove an old amp +ve cable, it had be drilled in through the boot floor and ran down the length of the car twisting around the fuel lines.

Hours spent: 2
Money spent: £0 (found 7p in the car so really -£0.07)
Weight lost: amp cable a few grams so nothing yet.

DSC00246.jpg

Looks better already.

Rb 182
I went to look at this buddy, couldn't justify the work that i felt was needing done. How much did you get it for if you don't mind me asking?

Too much!!! To make it a good car it would be pretty dear, but a decent track **** should be do able on a semi decent budget. Hoping to beg, borrow and steal parts from friends and throw on some stuff thats lying around in the garage/sheds so hoping it wont cost the earth.

Ibiza Cupra 1.4 TSI
it dosent looks all that bad! better on the white wheels (forgot what they are called my bad) though! am sure youll get it all done soon and tracked etc! :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looks crackin' on those turbines, good work.

I did genuinely LOL at a few things as I read that though....

The glued on badges - just WTF?

The cable twisted around the fuel lines... awesome idea

Oh, and the amazing gaffer tape fix.

MK7 Fiesta TDCI ZS
No nailed on badges???!! lol!!! :S looks a good turnaround anyway and nice one on surviving driving on those tyres- shockers!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Badges are epic lol. And craig its 1 of 974 in titainium silver :rasp:

Rb 182
it dosent looks all that bad! better on the white wheels (forgot what they are called my bad) though! am sure youll get it all done soon and tracked etc! :)

Turbines ash. It does look amazing, but they are for the Golf.

Looks crackin' on those turbines, good work.

I did genuinely LOL at a few things as I read that though....

The glued on badges - just WTF?

The cable twisted around the fuel lines... awesome idea

Oh, and the amazing gaffer tape fix.

I know, its shocking. Properly lol worthy.

Good base for a project.

Cheers mate :)

No nailed on badges???!! lol!!! :S looks a good turnaround anyway and nice one on surviving driving on those tyres- shockers!

FLOL at the door badges!. Don't tempt me I just got rid of one not that long ago lol.

lmao at those badges... great base for a fast road though & 1 of 99 in iceberg silver :)

Badges are epic lol. And craig its 1 of 974 in titainium silver :rasp:

It'll look great on the Turbines :)

Cheers guys.

Rb 182
if you want ph1 sidestrips i have some here in A1 condition, wrapped and sealed in garage.

For Free???

lol are those BK Racing alloys on the back...awesome wheels ;D

Yup came with a full set of 4, delivered to your door for only £400 ;)

DSC00234.jpg

Fair play to you for taking it on. Did you check the paint code?

I didnt no, it was Iceberg but its not anymore, painted by stevie Wonder, well, most of it anyway.