ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project #56; Clio Trophy

Meg 225
Lovely mate!! Doesn't a trophy have a Clio badge on the back? If so, i thought they were attached with 2 pins which leaves 2 holes if debugged??
a

Lovely mate!! Doesn't a trophy have a Clio badge on the back? If so, i thought they were attached with 2 pins which leaves 2 holes if debugged??
a

Yep, this is how it use to look:

SDC17919.jpg

Took the RS logo off from the left side as its just glued on. SRP'd the glue and dirt off, the Right hand side I unclipped the Clio badge as thats pinned in.

The RS200 badge just fits over both holes if you align it correctly. Much tidier IMO.

looks great!!! I really recomend the rs192 pal.

james

I am edging toward that over the Yozza, just because I don't think I could live with the noise day to day. It's in need of a new exhaust ASAP really, back boxes are fucked.

Looking at the above photo, I'm going to find something smaller to put into the mounts as its sitting too far up now which makes the tail pipes look tiny :(

RS2'd Trophy
Well did you want me to take a video of mine Jon? I had a ktec ultra and swapped that for the rs 192. It feels slot more torquey low down aswell which is ace!

I'm jealous of your bade I want :) !

Meg 225
Yep, this is how it use to look:

SDC17919.jpg

Took the RS logo off from the left side as its just glued on. SRP'd the glue and dirt off, the Right hand side I unclipped the Clio badge as thats pinned in.

The RS200 badge just fits over both holes if you align it correctly. Much tidier IMO.

If you don't mind i'll steal your idea, that looks spot on!!

Was just looking at what 'Trophy' plates were left, as I wanted #56. Checked askmid and;

56.jpg

I need that plate if its not on a car! FFS.

Fiesta ST-3
Just had a little read, you're definitely going down the right path with this mate. The paint correction you did really brought it up well!

Looks fresh :)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Just wanted to say about the plate.... Phone the DVLA and ask if they still have it, if they do, you can request it be put to auction. If that happens you blind bid and hopefully have a chance of winning it.

I did this last year for T67PHY - as mine is #67. I really like the plate and if you can get your number it's a great little touch. You do have to appear a bell end telling people it's 1 of 500 and your number matches the plate - I tell people at work when they ask about the plate, I know I appear a sad little c**t, but f**k it, they're getting the story.

Cheers for that, Yeah I always end up telling people there were only 500 made in the UK. Just to seem a little bit special. Would be ace to have it matching too, not that I dislike my current plate just a Trophy one would go well and would save hassle transfering when/if ;) I sell up.

How much did you 'bid' for yours?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Mine was £241 all in, I bid bottom price. Iirc, you do get a notification email if you're out bid, but I think it just goes to your top bid - maybe mistaken, but I think that was the case.

Tbh, T56PHY for us is great, but for the average Joe, it's a s**t cheap looking plate and no one will bid on it.

Yeah exactly, I was looking yesterday like I said and was thinking about getting T11PHY, there are a few more left which are bottom price too!

They may have it, they may not but its worth a shot considering its not on a car!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Only problem is, it takes ages to get it. You request it, they think about it, they send out a notification, it's on auction for 2 weeks, you finally get it. It will take a few weeks! But well worth the wait.

BMW E36 328
Good luck with it all anyway mate. No doubt will see you sometime soon. Maybe on another drive ;) now your shocks are sorted.

Got a few more bits done, Fitted the Diadems:

SDC18267.jpg

Front, Before/After:
front.jpg

rear.jpg

They make a huge difference in looks, but I can't help think they are maybe a little bit too 'bling' for my liking.

Also Picked up a ph1/V6 airbox, Sounds much better over standard :D

SDC18279.jpg

Whilst doing it I found this tied up, Any ideas what it is? I'm guessing it might be for the acoustic valve but its a stab in the dark tbh.

In postion by the battery/under airbox:

SDC18274.jpg

Connection:

SDC18275.jpg

With an earth end?

SDC18276.jpg

I'm off to birchdown tomorrow, The N/S driveshaft is suppose to be getting replace but they are on back order. So im going to go up and get them to confirm/deny the issue I'm having. Also get them to confirm/deny that I need a new PAS pump and hopefully identify what the random cable is.

Been up to Birchdown this morning, Got a driveshaft on back order from Renault and a PAS Pump with Aux belt kit.
The cable above is the acoustic valve connection.

My slight knocking could also be some play in the rack, but I'm going to do the driveshaft first and see from there.

Met up with Ed post Trax/Big Manchester meet to get some bits done on the car before we went away. He was doing a full 2 day detail on his new RB182 and I was just there to assist. I decided that I was going to get the front wheels off and cover up the brake calipers with black hammerite which I had also done on the rear.

No less than an hour into getting started I went to crack the wheel bolts so I could get the front of my car on axel stands, and I did exactly that. Cracked a wheel bolt loosening it. After some deligating with ed, I decided to drive it back to KwickFit where I had a puncture repaired a week before. I argued that it had been over torqued, they didn't agree but agreed to get it out the following day. Went back to Ed's to finish up the work.

Said wheel bolt (2nd now to snap)
SDC18294.jpg

NS painted and wheel cleaned
DSC06507.jpg

Freshly sheered wheel bolt + painted caliper
DSC06519.jpg

Wheel back on
DSC06525.jpg

Painting them black tidy's the wheels up no end! After that was done, I gave the car a once over then stuck a coat of zymol on for the weekend.

We ended day with the cars looking like this:
DSC06501.jpg

Following day the car was left with KF for an hour and the bolt was pulled out free of charge. As I didn't have any spare bolts, I stuck a locking wheel nut in instead. Gave the plastics on the car a tidy up and applyed Gtechniq C4 to the splitter as I don't think it reacted very well the first time. Got the tracking and camber all set up too. 1.5 degree's on the front, standard toe. Looks much better now;
DSC06575.jpg

Nice shot of my RS badge ;)
DSC06566.jpg

We arrived at camping for Trax and the car just hit 95k. The high mileage T soldiers on!

On the motorway I was following seb (sofaboy) and something came flying at the car that looked like a ball of rubber, nothing I could of done to avoid it but it hit the car but sounded soft so thought nothing of it. At camping we then noticed that I had actually hit just above the number plate on the front and caused a slight bit of damage. I've got pictures but Ed has them on his camera still, but I'll post them when I get them.

Looked at how much I had spent the past week as well :(
SDC18318.jpg

Arrived back from TRAX and these came the following day :D
SDC18305.jpg

Gave them two coats of Fk1000p for some added protection and fitted them. I wasn't willing to take any more risks with the awful reanult ones after two snapping on me!

Comparison of them:
SDC18308.jpg

Bling;
SDC18310.jpg

I still have a slight knock when going slowly, so thought it might be my top mount bearings f**ked. Got a new kit from renault;
SDC18313.jpg

As you can see, the top hat is different and so is the insert;
SDC18314.jpg

Supposidly to remove the knock on full lock (which I dont get anyway)

Fitted them, and the knocking is still there. After going for a drive out on Monday with Rob, jonff, bren and jamie rigby the car feels completely different now with the dampers sorted and camber aligned. So much better to drive than before.

I'm in the process of trying the get an RS192 exhaust for the car and I'll probably leave it like it is for winter.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
A second one sheered off??? Please tell me it wasn't on the same side lol. Looks epic at the moment, shame that knock still isn't fixed though. Have you looked at the ARB?