ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Production Zoe Launched

2.2 bar shed.
Go on, blind me with science..

What do you consider progress? Hydrogen?

We've been over this before im sure, electric cars can only reach 10-15% market saturation before we have massive power problems. And thats with smart grid technology which wont be implemented for another decade at least. Electric cars are a dead end until we've got fusion power, and even then we'll be running hydrogen cars as they're much more sensible imo?

Titanium 182
Batteries will and are becoming better over time.

5 years ago the max range we could get out of an electric car was 30 miles, now we're up to 120 miles in some models. That isn't bad going in a 5 year time period. Electric is definitely the future.

Rubbish, you could get much more than 30miles 5years ago - you could get more than that 100years ago, it's just there's never been anyone willing to fund electric vehicles to the masses, as it's always been seen as no profit investment. This is especially true since it's main competitor is oil. However, you are right in saying that it's progressing, and it's the future, but don't be fooled in to thinking this is relatively new science!

Anybody ever heard of Nikola Tesla? He was running his own car on unharnessed wireless electric energy, completely free of charge! This was back in the 19th century!

Clio
Fair play, I think it's hideous. Especially the interior, I really hope the new Clio is nothing like this