ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Product recall

clio 182 black /gold
I know it has been covered loads of times in the past, but who's clio has beed recalled for a new bonnet catch. I rang for an oil filter for my car and the guy said this car has a product recall out standing on it. It needs a new catch as they are still failing. It is totaly free. He said if i don't get it done and it fails Renault won't cover it. Have they wrote to you or have the garage said something when you have contacted you?
Mine has been in for the greasing recall.

172 Cup
I had mine done over a year ago.

Received the letter from Renault, called the dealer and booked the car in. Dropped it off and half an hour later the bonnet catch had been replaced and the car valeted.

Simples.

Clio 182FF
Both my Clio's have had it done. When I went in to have a few niggles sorted, I said "Does it need the bonnet recall done?" and they gave it a new catch anyway.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I still need to get mine in, when I ordered some new bits from Renault Burnley I asked them about it and its never been in for it - I was actually booked in but couldn't make it.

clio 182 black /gold
I still need to get mine in, when I ordered some new bits from Renault Burnley I asked them about it and its never been in for it - I was actually booked in but couldn't make it.
Mine is due in next Thursday morning.

bodied 172 Ph1
well, I went in, some spotty teenage mechanic sprayed the bonnet catch with white grease and told me that was it! I should have saved my petrol!

t3 corolla 116bhp
had mine done last year too. got a letter from renault uk and they told me my nearest dealership to arrange an appointment. total new catch free of charge.

02 Clio Extreme
Booked mine in just after Christmas, also gave me a FREE (yes! free) 25 point check. Not often you get something free from Renault haha.

You used to be able to just drop in and get it done, but apparently now.. you have to phone up and book it in because they no longer keep the part in stock, and only order them in, as they need them.

Mk2 Phs1 Grande 1.2 8Vlv
had mine doe last night by my neigbour, works at renault as service manager, it takes 3 mins, simple job, but one that is needed to be done.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
i think mine will be going in again for the 3rd time when i have time. the fooker takes a few attempts to open

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'd rather risk it than go to Renault TBH, i keep it lubed and clean anyhow.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
They slyly did mine during its MOT in December. Didn't mention it, i just noticed a shiny new catch when i popped the bonnet.

The recall affects all Mark 2 clios of all kinds. Simple, phone your local garage up and book it in. They all know about it, 5 minute job

clio sport 172
had mine done a year ago well then lubed it not changed it , are they now changeing them then have i got to go back to them again for it ??

Renault Clio S
I received a recall letter when I first bought my car back in 2007. I still haven't taken it in, but ensure it's serviced regularly.

I'm more scared of Renault poking around under the bonnet than I am of the catch failing at high speed.