ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problems with Clio 4 order and my options.

Hi, I am particularly interested in input from a Renault sales person, but am grateful for any advice.

We placed an order for a Clio 4 at the end of November (preview night at the local dealer). The car is pretty well specced as standard but I did specify R-Link, spare tyre and panoramic sun roof (love this on my previous car). At this point in time we still have no delivery date or even a confirmed build slot. Over the last 6 weeks we have been TOLD that the option for a spare wheel has been removed, the R-Link will not be available for a period of time while they deal with iPhone compatibility issues (we cancelled this to get a delivery date in April) and that we are waiting on a build slot for a sun roof. There is no certainty when this will become available, but I have been informed today that if I cancel the sunroof then I will probably get a delivery in April. If not then is no definite answer about when it will be delivered.

We have paid a small deposit, but I am understandably quite annoyed that they are basically removing the options that I picked, and telling me that this is so that they can build the car within a period of time that will amount to > a quarter of a year! My parents have had a house built in less time - in rural Cyprus!

What are my options, bend over slightly more? If I pull out am I entitled to my deposit back? As there has been no build slot would the dealership be fined for cancelling the order at this stage? (I am aware that this happens if an order is cancelled after a certain point)

Any/all advice welcomed.
Cheers

Clio 182
I am mate, we'd refund your deposit if we couldnt satisfy the order in a reasonable time. I've had customers had to cancel r-link because it will delay the order alot! There will be loads of resource for dealers to grab in march but there standard cars, with a sunroof you'll wait a bit longer! April seems about right!

Well I have been told April IF I cancel the sunroof. If I don't, then they can't tell me when the car MIGHT be built. What might be an 'unreasonable' amount of time? I appreciate your help, cheers.

Clio 182
If you cancel the sunroof it'll be march, we can get them out in standard spec for that month. Id phone your dealer and ask what there playing at, tell them another dealer has told you you could reorder elsewhere today and get it sooner, they'll soon get there arse in gear. ;)

That's good to know, although I have already had to cancel the r-link and the spare wheel. I have emailed the salesman tonight to tell him that I will not compromise on the sunroof. I suppose I am annoyed that despite ordering in at the beginning of December I am having to change the order now 4 weeks after the UK launch! If I was a customer of yours what might the delivery be on a dynamique S DCi with sunroof? Cheers

Not feeling particularly lucky to be honest. Having my options removed was annoying with the first extra, but after 3 its getting silly. What's the point in having an options list if your hamstrung when you try to spec up the car? I was showing a little brand loyalty, but to be honest there is a VW garage next door to Renault full of Golfs and Polos that might be delivered sooner with all options intact. 12 weeks seems to be the norm to be honest with new cars, although by the time the clio arrives it will be 12 weeks AT BEST.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
You shouldn't cancel anything just so they can meet their targets.

youre buying a brand new car, it should be how you want it. If possible, you should cancel your order and buy a run around until you can have e spec you want... Even if you just tell them you're cancelling, it may scare them into hurrying up/letting you spec how you want

... Plus, there's no space for the spare wheel, so afaik, it'd just be plonked in the boot

Clio 182
I wouldnt know off the top of my head for a clio with the sunroof, but i wouldnt imagine any longer than april?
The fact that your a customer that viewed it early in november and placed an early order you should have it march/april time.

Thanks for the input so far. When I was told that I couldn't have the spare wheel we were looking at a Tce and was told that the wheel is suspended under the car, but that the DCi can't have one, and that would just be plonked in the boot. I think you are right about cancelling the order, but would the deposit be forfeit? Not a large amount of money, but I am not your typical CS high roller so its enough to be concerned with. As the car has no build slot I assume that technically the deposit is refundable, but would like to know from a sales person in case my dealer tells me that we would lose it.
Cheers

Well had an update this morning and it seems that I will 'probably have to wait until May based in current lead times'. To summarise - car ordered at dealers at the beginning of December, car delivery probably May. Approximately 20 weeks. :mad:

Clio 200 Silverstone
I ordered mine last week, I've been guaranteed the 25th of March. and Im way up In Scotland. have to travel 120 miles just to get to my dealer!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'd cancel the order. You are perfectly entitled to your money back as the dealer cannot deliver what was offered at point of deposit.

Then go to Ford and order a Fiesta.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I think you are right about cancelling the order, but would the deposit be forfeit? Not a large amount of money, but I am not your typical CS high roller so its enough to be concerned with.

Im not in sales so I wouldn't know, but as a customer, I think you'd be entitled to your deposit back (whether you're a high roller or not) because they're making you change the product you're buying. You're of no fault, it's them who are at fault for not being able to provide you with the car.

Well thanks for the input on this. Have been to Ford, Pug, VW, Toyota and Kia this morning looking at what they have in. All as expected and we only spent any real time in Pug, Ford and VW. Discussed Pug 208 feline, but they are sooooo expensive (circa £18000) or £390 per month on just add fuel. VW had no Polo's in to speak of, and seemed largely disinterested in helping me spend my money. Had a look at the new Fiesta and was disappointed with the space inside and the fact that despite revamping and improving the exterior, they haven't done anything to the interior, which I am not a fan of. Then the dealer told me that in this quarter Ford are giving upto £2750 off a new Focus Zetec. This makes it over a grand cheaper than the clio. Interesting....

Sounds like you're having a terrible time. The two renault dealers near me have been more than helpful when it came to ordering my wife's new Clio. We're expecting delivery in Mid April (fingers crossed). Think it's a bit like with Ford if you go for the models they think are going to be less popular, (like the Dynamique S or Fiesta Titanium X) they only make them to order and have few build spots available. They have hundreds of standard Expressions and Zetecs available in a short period of time.

I'd be really unhappy if I was you and demand my deposit back or a big discount to make up for it. If it is any consilation, we were told if we wanted the sunroof it would be early May and if we wanted R-Link it would be end of May. Which was a shame as both were options my wife wanted, but we can't wait that long for it.

Hope you get it sorted out soon.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
That's pretty rubbish.

I ordered mine with a really specific build on the 3rd of March last year and took delivery on the 1st of May. :eek:

Clio 2, 1.2 16V
Well thanks for the input on this. Have been to Ford, Pug, VW, Toyota and Kia this morning looking at what they have in. All as expected and we only spent any real time in Pug, Ford and VW. Discussed Pug 208 feline, but they are sooooo expensive (circa £18000) or £390 per month on just add fuel. VW had no Polo's in to speak of, and seemed largely disinterested in helping me spend my money. Had a look at the new Fiesta and was disappointed with the space inside and the fact that despite revamping and improving the exterior, they haven't done anything to the interior, which I am not a fan of. Then the dealer told me that in this quarter Ford are giving upto £2750 off a new Focus Zetec. This makes it over a grand cheaper than the clio. Interesting....

So why not get the Focus Zetec?