ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

problems, problems, problems....can anyone help me??

well heres a list of problems with my beast....

1. sometimes when i start the car, the "esp" and the "serv" lights come on, if i switch car off and back on they dont come on?

2. the idle is quite lumpy and osunds like its hunting slightly but the needle stays still..

3. the petrol light comes on when you switch ignition on, but doesnt come on when i get low on fuel? needle was on the red earlier and light wasnt on?

4. when i first start the car and drive off, it feels like the car is holding back then lets go, then holds back again then lets go etc

5. when i select gears, sometimes it feels liek they "grind" into place. and sometimes cant select gears?

6. sometimes it feels like the clutch like holds for 2 seconds after you take your foot off pedal

7. when on full lock and moving forward or reversing, you can hear a knocking/clicking sound coming from front of the car

8. after 5yr relationship i am now single...c**k lol

any ideas/suggestions appreciated :D

thanks -x-

well heres a list of problems with my beast....

1. sometimes when i start the car, the "esp" and the "serv" lights come on, if i switch car off and back on they dont come on?

iirc they come on with the ignition they go out. nothing to worry about unless they stay on.... when you turn engine off are you cutting the ignition also?

2. the idle is quite lumpy and osunds like its hunting slightly but the needle stays still..

what rpm is the idle?

3. the petrol light comes on when you switch ignition on, but doesnt come on when i get low on fuel? needle was on the red earlier and light wasnt on?

what does your range say on the computer? i thought this when i got my first one but trust me it does come on, usually when the range shows less than 40miles. see above for light coming on on ignition

4. when i first start the car and drive off, it feels like the car is holding back then lets go, then holds back again then lets go etc

methinks its just cold, but a guess really

5. when i select gears, sometimes it feels liek they "grind" into place. and sometimes cant select gears?

6. sometimes it feels like the clutch like holds for 2 seconds after you take your foot off pedal

7. when on full lock and moving forward or reversing, you can hear a knocking/clicking sound coming from front of the car

common thing, call it character. sometimes mine cuts out on full lock when reversing....not done it for a while though touch wood

hi ;) x

any ideas/suggestions appreciated :D

thanks -x-

Hope that helps a little

thanks for you suggestions, will go out and investigate in abit. the esp and serv lights stay on, so tun car off again and re start and they go out, its weird. and yes the petrol light thing comes on when i turn ignition on

Megane 1.6 Dynamique

Mine does this, i believe its the fuel guage thats knackerd on mine. I fill the tank but the guage only goes upto 3/4 full so its not aligned correctly or something.
My fuel light comes on when the guage is way past red. I normally use the trip computer to guage how much is left.

Brake pedal switch fault possibly - although it may be the abs light not the esp light that does this - mine does something similar, not a major issue.

2. the idle is quite lumpy and sounds like its hunting slightly but the needle stays still..

As long as its not stalling I wouldn't worry. All the RS sound terrible at idle especially when cold.

mmm bit hard to diagnose, how far did you drive with the needle in the red? Light does not come on straight away when in the red

Again when cold not the smoothest of runners, they always feel hesitant/drop revs quickly in the first 10mins of driving - have you had a remap out of interest?

Does it pop out of gear under heavy acceleration? First port of call will be to change the box oil however it sounds a little more serious than that I'm afraid

holds? holds open so there is no drive? Is the pedal heavy or creaky? You may need a cable relube/replacement.

Common again - crap Renault topmounts can be solved but don't worry about it as its not serious.

entering my fifth year too, so i know how you feel/felt lol

Out of all of those issues the gearbox would be my first port of call as it will only get worse.

Hope that helps.

A ANIMAL
check you range on the trip computer as said - only come on when you have 1ish gallon left in the tank.

I can however strongly reccomend a remidy for the singleitous. Pm me for details. xx ;)

ah ok, someone also said the gear thing may be the lower engine mount or something? could that be the problem?

That is also a possibility, to check this; when driving in 3rd jab the throttle sharply and release sharply, if the gearstick moves or 'pops' backward and forwards quite a lot the lower mount could be knackered & may need replacing.

Clio
Hi...I heard devon is nice this time of year. I know nothing about cars but I can help with problem 8.

ph - Quick Silver!
2. the idle is quite lumpy and sounds like its hunting slightly but the needle stays still..

As long as its not stalling I wouldn't worry. All the RS sound terrible at idle especially when cold
this happens when i first start my 172 but it stalls sometimes what could it be?

ph - Quick Silver!
^^^ Probably a filthy throttle body/blocked idle pipe - especially on a ph1.

sorry if i sound this sounds silly but where whould i find the idle pipe and what should i be using to unblock the throttle body/blocked idle pipe

S4 Avant
Sounds like the same size list as the faults on my car :dapprove:

It's going to be an expensive month.

In regards to the singleness, I don't think you'll struggle solving that one, having just viewed your profile :eek: