ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Private Numberplate Help!

Mk5 Golf Gti
Hi guys,

Been looking at a private plate for a while now and i have been so tempted by it that I am going to purchase it, because of my last name which you can probably tell isn't the most common, the plate is a bargain!

My question is, how does it all work? I have never purchased a private plate before so im a little bit confused as to how it all works.

If someone could talk me through the process I would hugely appreciate it?

Thank you!!

Joe

Buy plate, receive paperwork, fill in and post paperwork, receive more paperwork, put plates on car.

Then have a minor headache every time you come to sell a car because the DVLA do everything at their own leisurely pace and like to make things complicated.

Mk5 Golf Gti
Buy plate, receive paperwork, fill in and post paperwork, receive more paperwork, put plates on car.

Then have a minor headache every time you come to sell a car because the DVLA do everything at their own leisurely pace and like to make things complicated.

Amazing, thank you!

I've heard the DVLA like to take their sweet time!

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member

This.

I've just sent mine off to be transferred so I can sell the car - I wonder how long they will take!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
This.

I've just sent mine off to be transferred so I can sell the car - I wonder how long they will take!

I've just taken one off, it took 14 days from the day I sent it. I did send it 1st class recorded delivery too.

Hi guys,

Been looking at a private plate for a while now and i have been so tempted by it that I am going to purchase it, because of my last name which you can probably tell isn't the most common, the plate is a bargain!

My question is, how does it all work? I have never purchased a private plate before so im a little bit confused as to how it all works.

If someone could talk me through the process I would hugely appreciate it?

Thank you!!

Joe
What is it ? (promise not to buy it in the mean time)

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
One important rule is you cant make the car look newer, so be sure to buy a plate thats the same year or older than the car, (or any other car you may want to put it on in the future).