ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power gain from these mods...

I put a noisy induction kit on my 1.2 and I thought it was the absolute tits. That is until you have a couple of mates in the car and you get undertaken up a hill by a mum doing the school run in her ford focus and you look like a rite tit because your cars making so much noise.

As Cat71 says Peco are rubbish.

Breaking A 172 Replica
You know, to an extent it's irrelevant how much power is gained. Unless you are going to be racing others (which I guess you aren't in a 1.2), power gains do not matter too much. Its how quick the car feels and with a new exhaust it will feel quicker. It will be more fun to drive and will involve you more. Thats worth spending money on IMO.

Well with mine I have noticed a definate improvement.
as Iv done a 0-60 already..I can do a new one and see for sure.

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250
I dont know if any of you have looked under the bonnet of a touring car or WRC car but none of them use "induction kits" for the simple reason they are poo, that nice warm air being sucked in to your inlet tract is never good.The way forward is a ram air box with a decent heat sheild.

Iv got a pipercross induction kit, heat shield..greenstuff cold air feed..and a powerflow backbox.. and its very responsive and a defo improvement.

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250
Re: Power gain from these mods.

I cant see these mods doing alot apart from make a lot of noise.The most important part of the exhaust is the first twenty inches or so, so with out changing this gains will with be minimal.Its all to do with the flow out of the mainfold being turbulent.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
mine made 83bhp on the rollers (+8bhp over standard, but we all know what R/R's are like)

it had....
Powerflow Cat Back Stainless System
Decat
K&N Pannel Filter
Modified Airbox to allow it to hold more air and suck in more air
Larger cold air feed

was fun while it lasted, dont regret spending all the money even though it was a lot for no gains really but was fun at the time!

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250
I have a Williams and the previous owner put a poo cone filter on, i need an original air box with the view to mod it myself.