ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible new splitter found!! (Skoda Fabia)

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Re: Possible new splitter found!!

Took me a bit longer than i thought it would due to the fact it was a pain in the ass screwing straight into plastic and i had a rubbish screwdriver.

Piccy:

bdk605.jpg

Looks good though.

02 Clio Extreme

£11.97 ... picking it up 2moro :)

However I was told neither... 5JO 807 061 9B9, or 5JL 807 061 9B9 was a good number, anyone else been told this?

Megane 225 F1

Just picked mine up. £10.21 Absolute bargain. Guy was saying how the other dealerships round the country have been selling these so quickly. I explained to him that Renault are to damn expensive.

Blk/Gold 182 FF

Orderd :D i should get it on tuesday, plus the guy was like, so you have a clio and you want this part.....are you sure?? lol i had to explain the full story to him haha..then i got...oh..fair enough with a confused face lol

Megane 225 F1

Just removed my old splitter and now its pissing it down with rain :( Got work at 5, hoe it stops raining.

Megane 225 F1

P1000359.jpg

On a non sport. Needs straightening out but it started pissing it down with rain so this will do until its dry again.

So to clarify these are plastic or rubber ?

£10 + the vat

All skoda dealers sell them ? Whats the actual part number out of the two that have been posted ?

Megane 225 F1

They are plastic but very very mouldable and i find it hard to belive that it can break.

5J0 807 061/9B9. Thats the number i used.

My old man is GM for a VW dealer, would he be able to order the part for me being a VAG part ?

Megane 225 F1

Dont see why not. The box it came on had VW seat skoda audi badges on the sticker so i guess they all came from the same warehouse.

MK3

Dynamiqueee

Looks nice on your car will, still not sure if it would suit the other style non sport buper though

b/g 182, meg tourer

got mine on a couple of weeks ago. looks really good imo. easy to fit, very cheapy and is a pretty close match to a cup splitter.

DSC02195.jpg

DSC02194.jpg

172 cup

Cheers mate ill check that out , renault splitters are over the top expensive

Blk/Gold 182 FF

how did everyone get this ftted? pick mine up yesturday. do you have to drill holes through the splitter aswell as the bumper? o cant see how else it will fit to the bumber lol i think the car used to ahave a splitter before, there are some pin like screws still in the bumber in like 5 of the holes but the rest have been, from the looks of things ripped out lol

BG FF182

how did everyone get this ftted? pick mine up yesturday. do you have to drill holes through the splitter aswell as the bumper? o cant see how else it will fit to the bumber lol i think the car used to ahave a splitter before, there are some pin like screws still in the bumber in like 5 of the holes but the rest have been, from the looks of things ripped out lol

Use some self tappers, with a decent screw driver and they'll screw straight through and into the bottom of the bumper. Think I went a bit overboard as I put one through each small tab (18 I think), but at least it doesn't wabble. It's easy enough to line up, as the centre is obvious and just trim the ends with a stanley knife and sand down smooth.

The others pin type screws you talk about seem to screw into the wheel arch liners, which I found weren't inline to screw through the splitter.
Found it easier to take the bumper off, unless you can jack it up a reasonable height.

Blk/Gold 182 FF

there arnt any holes in the splitter already so should i put holes in that aswell? well the screws that are already into the bumper seemed to once hold in the cup slpitter when the car was new, as some of the holes in the bumber look like theyve been ripped out.

172, Tiguan

I'd suggest you have a read back through the thread. We're covering the same subjuect for the 4th or 5th time now!

Picking mine up now!!!! My conversation with the bloke at Skoda was great fun.

Blk/Gold 182 FF

just had another read and i think i get it now lol i;ll pop to halfords on the way home to get the self tappers and then i shall give it go when i get home :p aint got a drill handy so i hope a screw driver and some muscle work will do the trick haha

BG FF182

just had another read and i think i get it now lol i;ll pop to halfords on the way home to get the self tappers and then i shall give it go when i get home :p aint got a drill handy so i hope a screw driver and some muscle work will do the trick haha

Didn't drill mine, just have some spinach before hand :rasp: I screwed the middle one in first, but not completely tight so you could rotate it a bit if needed, and then did a side at a time. If I can do it, then anyone should be able to ;)

While I was doing mine I picked up some screw covers from homebase,
to keep the crud out of the screw heads should you ever need to undo them.
http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wc...rtNumber=934231&Trail=searchtext>SCREW+COVERS

Blk/Gold 182 FF

Didn't drill mine, just have some spinach before hand :rasp: I screwed the middle one in first, but not completely tight so you could rotate it a bit if needed, and then did a side at a time. If I can do it, then anyone should be able to ;)

While I was doing mine I picked up some screw covers from homebase,
to keep the crud out of the screw heads should you ever need to undo them.
http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=20001&partNumber=934231&Trail=searchtext>SCREW+COVERS

and are these wat you used dude? http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wc...rtNumber=781330&Trail=searchtext>SELF+TAPPING looking at them i might have some in the house somewhere after i built a shed ( one of those metal ones that are like putting a jigzaw together) haha

vw bora

just ordered mine £10.19 + vat (5jo807061/9b9) BARGAIN! should be here and ready to fit for saturday :D officially told my mate who works at renault he's a d**k lol

MK3

Dynamiqueee

Ordered mine today.

Got some real funny looks from the bloke i was talking to when i told him i didn't own a skoda lol. Didn't ask what it was for though, he just screwed his face up and ordered it :D

Just under £8 i paid today, well my old man did. Will be here in the morning and fitted tomorrow night all being well.

Blk/Gold 182 FF

just fitted mine today! took longer than i though but its on now lol looks mint too! i'll take some pics tomorrow! best 11 qid ive ever spent on the clio though! :p

clio 182

iam also a sheep lol saw this thread last nite and went and got one today£10 delivered:cool:

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

Just go on Skoda website, theres a dealer locator on there.

Fitted mine tonight, didn't take long and looks pretty good. Heres some pics:

Before :

DSCF0045.jpg

After:

DSCF0265.jpg

DSCF0264.jpg

I'm pleased with the results, especially for the price :).

Lookin good mate love the petrol's splitter finishes it off real nice :approve: .

Blk/Gold 182 FF

i find since ive fitted mine, ive got loads of dead flies on it now :S after like 3 days lol

Clio 182

13,33€ (£11,51) in Slovenia. And if you ask me it looks better then original RS. :rasp:

BTW how much is original cup?

DB.

BMW 440i

Ok, Im a let down to this thread, said i was going to buy one but got lucky on the football so bought a CF Splitter 2nd hand. If i break that, ill buy one of these!

Black 182 FF

Has anyone got a definite part number for this as I've just knacked the Cup splitter I bought for £111 off eBay when I got the car and I'm sure as hell not paying the extra again for such little difference.

Black 182 FF

*just phoned my local VW dealer and they can get it no problem apparently.

PH2 Clio 172

Fitted a Skoda splitter on my 172 today. Pretty happy with the results :) Was about £12 from the local Skoda dealership.

BG 182

Just bought my Skoda splitter £10.77 

part number on mine was 5J0 807 061 9B9

Clio 182

fitted mine on saturday. the guy in the skoda garage brought it through in a rather large box, so i took it out and gave him the empty.