ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible misfire?

2003 Clio 172
So my issues with my 172 continue...
Had to call the AA out today as she refused to start Typically just before the AA man arrived she decided to fire into life. Turns out that was an immobiliser issue (key fob not communicating with car), so that's another addition to my to do list. Anyway, as the car was idling the AA man said it had a slight misfire that cleared at around 2k revs. Once the engine warmed up a bit it disappeared. I had my timing belt, water pump, aux belt and dephaser pully changed yesterday at Renatec in Bristol so I'm wondering if its possible that the timing is out slightly. I would think they've timed it correctly as they have a good reputation and are very knowledgeable. I know these cars have a very lumpy idle at best, however if it was timing related would it not misfire all the time?

2003 Clio 172
Spoke to Renatec this morning. Will be popping it back there next week for them to have a look at. Fingers crossed it's something simple.