ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

04 clio extreme 4
Anyone know their prices?

Anyone had a large job done like timing belt and water pump or a tappet adjustment and new gaskets?

I'm booked in on the 7th for a water pump inspection and a tappet job and the only quote I've been able to get is £700 from a local general mechanic.

Is that about what I'm looking at?

For all I know it's a loose timing belt tensioner causing my problems.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
As above it's best to call or email them for a quote. I think the figures quoted here ring true for Sport models but likely to be different for a 1.2.

I highly recommend them btw. Lovely people and provide a great service. I've been going to them for a few years now.

04 clio extreme 4
As above it's best to call or email them for a quote. I think the figures quoted here ring true for Sport models but likely to be different for a 1.2.

I highly recommend them btw. Lovely people and provide a great service. I've been going to them for a few years now.
Good good. Well I did send the form on their site but no reply from what I can see. Want a tappit adjustment, gaskets replaced, and a loud ticking noise investigated. Dunno where it's coming from, and it's only on tick over.

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
Two techs are great, would highly recommend them.

Both my dad and I used them over a period of 5-7 years and they were always spot on. Very reasonably priced as well.

Definitely get in contact.

HenryG

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 cup
I had the water pump, cambelt and dephaser done 2 years ago with them and think it was the £650-700 range. Iv been going for 7/8 years they have always been very helpful and knowledgeable. They offer club discount as well.

04 clio extreme 4
Well mines just a 1.2. The main b**ch being the air con and bracket for it. Be far easier if it wasn't there.

2001 clio172
Anyone know their prices?

Anyone had a large job done like timing belt and water pump or a tappet adjustment and new gaskets?

I'm booked in on the 7th for a water pump inspection and a tappet job and the only quote I've been able to get is £700 from a local general mechanic.

Is that about what I'm looking at?

For all I know it's a loose timing belt tensioner causing my problems.
Ive know a friend who had a 172 timing issue sorted by them and was spot on with good cost aswell. Ive used them to do the timing belt on my mercedes as it has the renault diesel and the price they quoted and service was fantastic. Would highly recommend

04 clio extreme 4
Think I've narrowed my problem. Suspected gasket leak on the intake plenum bit. Hissing noise especially near the rear left corner (spark sender end), a constant tone from the throttle end, and when you blip the throttle there is a sharp sucking noise before the revs go up. Can't listen and do the throttle at the same time but will get on that at the weekend. Sound like an intake gasket leak? Rocker cover is also showing signs of needing replacement but it's all getting done anyway.

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
Hear nothing but good things about them. Local to me but weren't comfortable doing my belts with catcams so had to drive further away