ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible clutch slipping, could be something else.

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
After some opinions here,

I've had this problem for a while, but short on funds leading up to christmas.

I believe my clutch is slipping, but after reading about it could be something else.

Symptons, Pulling off quickly in 1st gear results in the clutch not quite kicking in and some horrible screeching (non of the belts if you're thinking), full throttle in any gear after 1st the engine revs but no go with the screeching sound again, but when the revs settles it drives normally until you change gear where it starts over again.

Thing is, its very intermittent, I can go possibly 2 weeks with it working perfectly, then out of the blue it'll slip for a few days then go back to being normal.

After a little research, it could be something else causing my clutch to slip, i've tried the trick where you put the handbrake on, apply some revs and slowly raise the clutch, to where engine does stall.

some possible issues could be clutch release bearings or oil is getting on the plates, that's all i've managed to come up with through google, also I have an oil leak somewhere if that could be a possible cause.

The car needs a cam belt change anyway so i'll be getting that done sometime mid jan and want to try and narrow the cause of the problem down and get sorted as well.

Cheers.

TheCAB

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup 172
In general clutches either slip or they don't so the intermittent slipping with yours is somewhat strange and this is the issue which needs addressing, as if you just have a new clutch fitted and the underlying cause is say an oil leak from the rear crank seal then without sorting this it will happen again.

Gearbox off and a bit of further investigation necessary.

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
I'll see what my mechanic say about it, I'll mention i'm leaking Engine oil as it actually came up as an advisory on my last MOT, I find i'm topping up the Oil every month as the oil light comes on when I go round a corner or roundabout.

looks like its gonna be an expensive month January, Cam Belt, Clutch, sorting out this oil leak...Also I may mention about the Coolant i'm losing, had that problem since i've had the car 4 years ago :D

Besides from that it's been a very good car.