ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Porker Farewell

Turbos.
So, today i've put the 911 up for sale. I've used it far more than expected, as it was meant for a member of the management team who decided on an SUV instead.

Got to say, there are many people who write of 911s when they see the word 'Tiptronic', but over the months i have really warmed to it. Not only is it silky smooth, but it is very responsive. For me, where every drive isn't banzai, its suited it's purpose beautifully.

This one has PASM, which makes it pretty much unflappable in any circumstance. It has a bit of a stiff ride, albeit not uncomfortable, and handles very well. The fact it has no weight over the front is an odd sensation though. Despite that, it is amazingly good on the motorway, it runs dead straight and requires one finger to change direction! Fuel economy was also pretty good at 28mpg (about the same as my CSL) but the auto meant it never felt that quick.

Biggest surprise for me was the attention it got. I thought, a silver 911, who cares? Seems people do! It gets a ton of looks, points and damn BMW drivers up your arse. I really got bored of the last one!

Downsides? Well, would have liked a manual occasionally, but overall was happy with my choice. Worst thing is the god-awful xenons. On an unlit road it was genuinely scary. Also, the lovely sculpted mirrors don't fold and the satnav is typically VAG, no full postcodes! I had to fit Smart Nav in the end. Throttle pedal is a bit easy to slip off too and the standard equipment is miserly. I missed not having heated seats (have them in the Smart though!).

Anyway, some photos taken this morning after a detail. Its on Pistonheads if anyone is interested!

P1080243.jpg

P1080245.jpg

P1080249.jpg

P1080250.jpg

P1080251.jpg

P1080252.jpg

Disastra Coupe
I'll be honest... I'm not a Porsche fan unless it's a Turbo or GT3/GT3RS... But it looks quite nice that one. Looks a bit more special than a lot i've seen on the roads.

Turbos.
I love the 997 shape but agree that it is nothing special to look at, which is why i'm surprised by the attention it got. Only thing different from stock externally is the the optional wheels...

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
I know it's an auto, but how did it feel performance-wise?

I'm currently looking for a soft top to replace the M6 and a C2S is on the list. I agree with the comments re the GT3/Turbo being the only ones people go for, but something about these just looks more classy to me.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Stunning example mate, I'm sure it'll sell no bother.

i ran about in a 4s last year for a while, i always found i could never connect with it and that we were wanting different things. wierd way to discribe it i know.

i just cant warm to them... shame really as they are blooming capable.

Disastra Coupe
I love the 997 shape but agree that it is nothing special to look at, which is why i'm surprised by the attention it got. Only thing different from stock externally is the the optional wheels...

Must just be the wheels helping it then lol.

My boss has a Boxster (bad already lol) and he's got these tiny bloody 15s on it. Looks awful. And then he had it de-badged at the back which just makes it worse. Can't tell it's arse from it's front lol.

Good luck with the sale though!

Turbos.
I wish.... can't afford a nice facelift at the moment. If were one to come up, it would probably be £50k. A few years back the same car would have been £40k...

Its hard to say how fast it feels because the only thing i compare it to on a daily basis is the Smart! Looking on the web it is meant to 100mph in 11.6, which is exactly the same time as an E46 M3. It does feel effortless though, you are up to license losing speeds very quickly! Makes a nice noise too, just not loud enough (wish it had a PSE).

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I think thats a really nice car.Nice wheels and silver does suit the lines of porsche's i think.

Whats next.???

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Performance is onpar if not faster than your old CSL! So a very fast car indeed!

I like them, but i don't want them. They also need the Porsche upgrade exhaust!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Whats the golden rule, never buy a car you once owned and loved!

2nd ones are always a let down!

CIW

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Track Car
Looks very nice Englebert, interesting that you say it gets a lot of attention as ours never has, despite having the GT3 kit (or maybe I'm oblivious to it?). Probably depends on where you are and how common a sight they are - when we first bought ours we lived in SW London where they are more common than Golfs!

Turbos.
There are two others at work alone, in the same colour!

Know what you're saying Ali, but i've really wanted another CSL for the last few months, its eating away at me!