ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pops and bangs

mondeo titanium tdci
Just ordered my yozza with decat from Fred today my clio already has a custom map from ktec am I better speaking nicely to ktec and see if they can adjust my map to suit (for pops and bangs) or grab a rs tuner I don't want to lose my 5000rpm kick either any advice on this would be great cheers

Seriously just get it mapped right, I fail to see the fascination with mapping the car to do that. If it's tuned it will on occassion do it anyway, hell my 172 on a standard ECU with a full supersprint race system and decat used to pop, crack and burble natually when given stick and up to temperature.

mondeo titanium tdci
Well fingers crossed it might do it then I'm waiting for a call back from Andy at ktec to see if its possible

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
You will be more that happy without the pops and bangs map,it will only get on your tits after about 2 weeks and it won't do the welds on your nice new yozza any good either,as said it will gurgle,crackle,and pop now and again as it is.

PaulyA610

ClioSport Club Member
  Venturi,GTT van,
I am suprised you are getting a yozza with a de cat as you did not like mine when i had it !! It will be sooo loud! They do look nice though.

mondeo titanium tdci
I don't drive it everyday so I can live with it only done 1200 miles since I bought it a year ago lol seen quite at fcs and fell in love with them

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ktec will be able to map it to do pops and bangs if they do custom maps, i beleive they were for a while?

i dont get this "i dont want to loose the 5k kick" thing, who doesnt want to loose a flat spot?

HBT 172 Cup
Im sure Ktec can adjust it, lean the fuelling and back the timing off on the base of the map, not rocket science, lol at "engineered" maps for this purpose.

mondeo titanium tdci
ktec will be able to map it to do pops and bangs if they do custom maps, i beleive they were for a while?

i dont get this "i dont want to loose the 5k kick" thing, who doesnt want to loose a flat spot?

It's not a flat spot each to there own ;)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
of course it is look at this RR graph of my box standard 172 look at the dip in power and torque between 4k and 5k.

ph1's dont do this and when my mate drove my ph1 the other day he couldnt beleive the mid range on it, feels like a different car, starts pulling like a ph2172/182 does at 5k, but only it starts at 4k!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us