ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

poor clio :(

ds3
crashed this morning while going to the hairdressers. the first car stopped dead for no reason, so the second car braked suddenly and the third car went into the back of the second, and i went into the back of the third. the first car was untouched, and the driver was a bit of a w**ker about the whole thing but still.

207380_10150181823106413_742541412_8886889_5177724_n.jpg

206737_10150183327301413_742541412_8888097_3854596_n.jpg

not too bad damage.. it still runs and got towed back by the rac. the middle car however wouldn't start... i'm ok. my knees and feet really hurt though, my knees hit the dashboard and i've got a bit of a headache but grr. i only just reinsured to tpft two weeks ago :mad: glad i wasn't driving the ds3 though.

after police asked me to move the car off the main road cause it was blocking, pulled into the side road following a 172 cup (ve52 xxx ?) with cs stickers so.. hope you didn't see me haha!

Last edited:
Glad you're okay and not badly injured.

But regardless of the driver being 'a bit of a w**ker' you should have left enough room to stop.

How bad was the car you hit? If it's not bad, pay for their damage and fix yours. You'll only need light/bonnet/wing. Will be far cheaper than going through insurance in the long run.

Stripped yozza'd cup

But regardless of the driver being 'a bit of a w**ker' you should have left enough room to stop.

How bad was the car you hit? If it's not bad, pay for their damage and fix yours. You'll only need light/bonnet/wing. Will be far cheaper than going through insurance in the long run.

This.

In the view of the insurance company, you'll be to blame. Regardless of what happened in front, they'll just say that you were following too close.

ds3

that wasn't why he was being a w**ker! i know i should of done, and i'll hands up admit that.
he wasn't actually hit and there was no contact between him and any other car, just caused car 2 to stop. he then decided to milk the situation for all it was worth, when ambulance arrived he decided that he had been hit and his neck was putting him in agony, he gave me and others involved incorrect details which were rectified by police who then told him that as he had no damage and all eye witnesses account and everyone elses involved were completely different to his he didn't have a leg to stand on and assured the rest of us that there was pretty much no way he would be able to claim personal injury off of any of us.
the insurance have been rang and i've been told all mine will have to cover is the repair for the back end of the car in front of me, which didn't have a mark on it from what i could see.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
that wasn't why he was being a wanker! i know i should of done.
he wasn't actually hit and there was no contact between him and any other car, just caused car 2 to stop. he then decided to milk the situation for all it was worth, when ambulance arrived he decided that he had been hit and his neck was putting him in agony, he gave me and others involved incorrect details which were rectified by police who then told him that as he had no damage and all eye witnesses account and everyone elses involved were completely different to his he didn't have a leg to stand on and assured the rest of us that there was pretty much no way he would be able to claim personal injury off of any of us.

That is one very long sentence.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
:dapprove:

Always expect the unexpected....!

Third and fourth drivers failed to stop in time. Shimpulz...

As long as everyone's ok .. then put it down to experience !

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
No damage to the front of you but that to yours? French tin cans eh, least you're alright.

Suzuki Jimny
This will probably cost the insurance companies over £100,000.

"OMG my neck hurts slightly, I need moneys to make me feel better"

ds3
turns out the wanker man had no insurance. due to this and the reason that there was more than 2 cars involved, i was told by police this morning i might have to attend court. :(

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Reminds me of a lady that came into my work for me to assess her car. She said she was in a 3 car pile up but it wasn't her fault.

I asssumed she was at the front, turns out she was at the back and is claiming the person in front brake too quickly... Good luck with that one my dear.

Your excess is 350 and i'll see your car a week on Monday for repair.

ds3
Reminds me of a lady that came into my work for me to assess her car. She said she was in a 3 car pile up but it wasn't her fault.

I asssumed she was at the front, turns out she was at the back and is claiming the person in front brake too quickly... Good luck with that one my dear.

Your excess is 350 and i'll see your car a week on Monday for repair.
when at any point did i say it wasn't my fault...

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
Im starting to regret joining here for these sort of replies. Im sure blondie is well aware of who is to blame and how the system works! "post photos on CS so people can make you feel worse"

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Im starting to regret joining here for these sort of replies. Im sure blondie is well aware of who is to blame and how the system works! "post photos on CS so people can make you feel worse"
What replies? Could you point me in the direction of your dismay?

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
"regardless, you should have left enough room to stop!" Get that man a chocolate coin

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
"regardless, you should have left enough room to stop!" Get that man a chocolate coin
It was just Revels pointing out that regardless of the guy being a w**k as she so delicately put it she was still at fault.

If you read it back she never really admitted it was her fault till after that comment so like most do Revels obviously thought she was trying to blame someone else, alas she wasn't.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
typical cs though she knows she was too close or to fast or what ever the reason was that caused it, but you always get some muppet rubbing it in, as she said she was calling him a w**k because he was trying to claim he had been hit when he hadnt!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172

you cant moan at someone who is simply pointing out the law, they wernt trying to have a dig, just trying to inform the OP,
you'd be suprised how many "there was no way i could have avoided it because they braked so suddenly for no reason, so it's their fault!"

typical cs though she knows she was too close or to fast or what ever the reason was that caused it, but you always get some muppet rubbing it in, as she said she was calling him a w**k because he was trying to claim he had been hit when he hadnt!

yes but if you look at the post order,

1- she said she had a crash and the guy in front was being a w**ker (we all assumend he was angry about being hit and a w**ker for braking too hard for no reason)
2- revels justifies that the bloke has every right to be angry as his car was being hit, (not realising that she was not trying to pass the blame and infact commenting on the guys attitude)
3- OP admit liability for the accident and explains why the guy at the front was a w**ker, and no more comments are made! simples

nobody has made a dig at the person what so ever, one person has pointed out the law and another has liked it to a situation they remember (not entirely sure how relevent it was but hey)

why does everyone have to slate CS at every opertunity!

glad you're ok though, and at least you got an uninsured driver off the road!!

BG 182
It doesn't come across as making a dig at the OP. It was just clearly stated as to how the police and insurance company would view it, with no compromise! Insure they are aware they are at fault. But more to the point, I'm sure this thread was started on the basis that the OP is just frustrated they have been in an accident, came out slightly injured and angry at themselves knowing full well they are at fault, I would be too!

It sounds like the bloke at the front was doing allhr could to try and avoid being caught out for no insurance! I hope it gets sorted reasonably and doesn't cost or cause you too much hassle in the near future.

I would personally go straight to court of they asked me to prosecute the universes driver, as I'm sure he is quick enough to point the blame yet he has done something worse than anyone else involved. He's an uninsured driver though, and he will do it again I'm sure! Be glad he didn't hit you tbh. Shame his car wasn't damaged though.

Sods law!!